TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

1. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I wonder if App fans sit around and wonder, "if Kenny Robinson, Jerick McKinnon, or Dominique Swope didn't get hurt, we probably don't win that game." My guess is probably not.

Some of y'all just need to take a dang win however they come. Lord knows we've had our share of bad luck over the years too.
    I wasn't saying give the win back lol. We will definitely keep it and it happened. I don't think stating the circumstances around the game in this context is doing that.

2. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Appy dominated that game. ULL is nothing special at all. Certainly not a team that should come into Paulson and whip us coming off a bye.

EskimoJoe- we stink this year.

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictineEagle View Post
    EskimoJoe- we stink this year.

Do not feed the troll.

Did you ever think that if we think that the Appy vs LALA game was not that special (2 best SB teams going at it), then what does it say about our conference? Sounds like our Conferance inhales vigorously and the teams in it including us are pitiful. Now, I'm not saying this isn't true, just something to think about as you post. IMO, the AAC is the G5 cream of the crop followed by Mountain West. SB, CUSA and MAC are just taking up space so to speak.

I’ve seen nothing from Ulala so far to unequivocally say they are the second best team in the conference.
    Who is 2nd best then?

App State: 5.0 yards a carry
    ULL: 4.5 yards a carry

For reference for every yard per play difference between 2 teams the expected margin of victory is about 7-8 points. And with 0 turnovers by both teams, it's essentially an even game. Single plays like the one where App used their OL to push a receiver for the first down and the failed 4th and goal make the difference. Of course anyone who was actually watching the game and doesn't draw facts from their own conclusions like EskimoJoe can see it was an even game.

I also agree with what people are saying about ULL's play-calling. That play from the wildcat back took the snap and stared at the slot receiver running over to get the ball seems like something Tyson Summers would draw up. A dive play with the running back lined up 12 yards behind the line of scrimmage might work just as well.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I’ve seen nothing from Ulala so far to unequivocally say they are the second best team in the conference.
    There's only 4 teams in the SBC over .500.

App: 5-0
    ULL: 4-2
    CCU: 3-2
    Ga St: 3-2

You think CCU or Georgia State are better than ULL?

You may be right. I’m about 90% certain they’ll be in the SBC championship game, though.

Personally, I don’t give as much credit to what happens on a weeknight as to what happens on a Saturday. A lot of what I’ve seen on weeknights just doesn’t appear to be “characteristic.”
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Ok.

There was nothing about that game that was “even”. App State out gained Ulala by 100 yards. They won by double digits on the road in a nationally televised game. That game is played in Boone, it’s a blowout.
    Perhaps it's as simple as App is just head and shoulders above everyone else in the conference. Because based on every other teams play in conference so far, ULL was the only team on their schedule that had a shot.