TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepride87 View Post
    Not sure where you’re seeing a flat team. I have not seen a lack of effort. We’ve made mistakes and aren’t executing like we need to, but the guys are definitely playing hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1, IMO the effort is not in question.
    One time at the Eagle Walk Coach Lunsford didn’t give jcountry a high five.

2. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by wborst View Post
    With continued dives for no yards and defense getting gased then we will be lucky to win 2 more. PS- Eagle fan and donor since I was there in 89 so bite me for having a realistic evaluation. This product is bad.
    Thank you for putting it concisely.

Some of us are honest. This is just a write off season.

I don't like it more than anyone else. We are a 4 to 5 win team. At best.

If we play like this last game the rest of the season, we’ve seen our last win.

(And yes. We can still be donors and season ticket holders without lying to ourselves about what we see. I support the team, but I sure don’t like what I’m seeing.)

I think every single one of us see undisciplined, unfocused, and just plain confused play when we see it. Some of us just can’t be honest about how awful this looks.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepride87 View Post
    Not sure where you’re seeing a flat team. I have not seen a lack of effort. We’ve made mistakes and aren’t executing like we need to, but the guys are definitely playing hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1, IMO the effort is not in question.
    Maybe lack of effort isn't the word, but something is different about their attitude.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

4. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Maybe lack of effort isn't the word, but something is different about their attitude.
    Definitely.

We have seen it all season.

There are reasons for this. Reasons we don’t have good insight into, but many of us see it.

It’s one thing to have a down season because of turnover or staff changes, but many of our best players are back.

Something seriously amiss is going on here.

Could be the “buddy coach syndrome” as some mentioned, but dang.... I understand what they are getting at, but I can’t see it being this big an impact.

I remember once seeing a couple of our defenders trying to get back on our side of the ball in the ULL game.... It wasn’t like there was a lack of hustle, it was more like total apathy. CL was yelling at them to get back, and they kind of just slugged their way back over, as if they didn’t care at all... If ULL was heads-up, they could have snapped right there and got an easy penalty on us...... One of our guys looked back at the coach and body language was not good.... It was almost like “just watch. I’ll stand here.” This one situation stood out. All those players knew what they were supposed to be doing.

Ive been trying to figure out what that was about. It was not cool.

Check your PM JC
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

6. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    One time at the Eagle Walk Coach Lunsford didn’t give jcountry a high five.
    Only because he thought I was Chuck Norris....

(I mean really. Would you high five someone who looks just like CN? Would smell like a trap.)

(Disclaimer: I don’t look like CN. I’m way prettier.)

7. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    DNC.
    What exactly does DNC stand for?
    Do not care?
    Democratic National committee?

If it's "do not care" then garns while respect you and you have a lot of good insight, you have lost it if you don't think all of those things don't affect a team.

8. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Definitely.

We have seen it all season.

There are reasons for this. Reasons we don’t have good insight into, but many of us see it.

It’s one thing to have a down season because of turnover or staff changes, but many of our best players are back.

Something seriously amiss is going on here.

Could be the “buddy coach syndrome” as some mentioned, but dang.... I understand what they are getting at, but I can’t see it being this big an impact.

I remember once seeing a couple of our defenders trying to get back on our side of the ball in the ULL game.... It wasn’t like there was a lack of hustle, it was more like total apathy. CL was yelling at them to get back, and they kind of just slugged their way back over, as if they didn’t care at all... If ULL was heads-up, they could have snapped right there and got an easy penalty on us...... One of our guys looked back at the coach and body language was not good.... It was almost like “just watch. I’ll stand here.” This one situation stood out. All those players knew what they were supposed to be doing.

Ive been trying to figure out what that was about. It was not cool.
    Please just stop. This is how rumors get started. This truly isn't something to play around with in today's society. It's nothing to do with religion or buddy syndrome. Its not from lack of effort and focus. It's called the lack of confidence/swag. If this nonsense you've been spewing about his beliefs gets turned into more because you started the rumors on here, i hope you can live with yourself. You truly are clueless.

9. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Thank you for putting it concisely.

Some of us are honest. This is just a write off season.

I don't like it more than anyone else. We are a 4 to 5 win team. At best.

If we play like this last game the rest of the season, we’ve seen our last win.

(And yes. We can still be donors and season ticket holders without lying to ourselves about what we see. I support the team, but I sure don’t like what I’m seeing.)

I think every single one of us see undisciplined, unfocused, and just plain confused play when we see it. Some of us just can’t be honest about how awful this looks.
    Oh i am honest with what i see. This post proves your football IQ is 0. Here is the truth. This team is just as good as last year. We had a ridiculous turnover margin that gave us more opportunities to score. The offensive line couldn't block last season and it hasn't changed or got better due to personnel issues. Our safety's are not playing very well therefore putting more pressure on vildor, brinson and the pass rush. Not having WK3 the first 4 games hurt badly as he is a game changer. Shai getting hurt vs LSU hurt us tremendously as well. He's a captain and this offense will only go as far as the QB can take us. We have the talent everywhere except offensive line. The safety issue should get better as the young ones learn the defense and the speed of the game. Rutledge plays the run well but looks clueless in pass coverage. The three teams we have lost to are a combined 14-1.

By all means everyone can pick it apart but I've watched every game multiple times at this point. JCOUNTRY read this and go back watch the games and you may be enlightened. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Oh i am honest with what i see. This post proves your football IQ is 0. Here is the truth. This team is just as good as last year. We had a ridiculous turnover margin that gave us more opportunities to score. The offensive line couldn't block last season and it hasn't changed or got better due to personnel issues. Our safety's are not playing very well therefore putting more pressure on vildor, brinson and the pass rush. Not having WK3 the first 4 games hurt badly as he is a game changer. Shai getting hurt vs LSU hurt us tremendously as well. He's a captain and this offense will only go as far as the QB can take us. We have the talent everywhere except offensive line. The safety issue should get better as the young ones learn the defense and the speed of the game. Rutledge plays the run well but looks clueless in pass coverage. The three teams we have lost to are a combined 14-1.

By all means everyone can pick it apart but I've watched every game multiple times at this point. JCOUNTRY read this and go back watch the games now that you read this and you may be enlightened. Hahahaha
    I'm going to completely disagree here.

Compare our yards per play on offense and defense. Compare passing efficiency and explosiveness metrics. All of those stats have zilch to do with turnovers.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.