TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USA Positives

Default Re: USA Positives

Someone pointed out in another thread that part of the issue with Shai could be that he got a new QB coach this season.

2. Default Re: USA Positives

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Someone pointed out in another thread that part of the issue with Shai could be that he got a new QB coach this season.
    Could be. At the coaches show that Coach L brought him to he did credit Coach Wood with a lot of his development last season.

Itís hard to win road games on a weeknight. Iíll take the W.

What a weird game.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    It’s hard to win road games on a weeknight. I’ll take the W.

What a weird game.
    I feel like that applied to a few games last year as well.

Feels like we dominated them on defense except for two plays - 55% of their offensive production for the whole game came on those two snaps (BTW, whatever happened to ‘keeping everything in front of you’?)

Shai looked good for the most part on his first 4-5 pass attempts, then he completely lost his composure.

Offense also looked solid right up until we get into or near the red zone, whereupon the staff seems to collectively become disoriented and the players look like they’re playing in a sand pit.

Weird game indeed.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Feels like we dominated them on defense except for two plays - 55% of their offensive production for the whole game came on those two snaps (BTW, whatever happened to ‘keeping everything in front of you’?)

Shai looked good for the most part on his first 4-5 pass attempts, then he completely lost his composure.

Offense also looked solid right up until we get into or near the red zone, whereupon the staff seems to collectively become disoriented and the players look like they’re playing in a sand pit.

Weird game indeed.
    Yes. IMO, the offense was solid—especially in the first half—barring certain situations. If we get better at those situations, we’ll score more TDs and maybe get bowl eligible.

If we don’t get better situationally, we'll continue to stink at scoring points. It’s hard to win when you don’t score points.

I would like to see USA’s offensive numbers minus the four first down plays, all of which were pretty big.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Yes. IMO, the offense was solid—especially in the first half—barring certain situations. If we get better at those situations, we’ll score more TDs and maybe get bowl eligible.

If we don’t get better situationally, we'll continue to stink at scoring points. It’s hard to win when you don’t score points.

I would like to see USA’s offensive numbers minus the four first down plays, all of which were pretty big.
    Yes. The red zone is only one of a few ‘situations’ where we lose our bearings.

I think they had about 70+/- total yards outside of those 4 plays. The box score looks like a bludgeoning everywhere other than the scoreboard.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

USA had 15 possessions and failed to get a first down on 12 of them.

Take away the four 20+ yard plays, and USA had 0 first downs, running 35 plays for 49 yards.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team play that poorly on such a large percentage of its plays and still have a 90+ % win expectancy late in the fourth quarter.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Yes. The red zone is only one of a few ‘situations’ where we lose our bearings.
    Red zone and third down are probably the two biggest. Third down is rough in both passing and running situations.

The offense last night kinda reminded me of early 2016, when ran the ball “okay” but couldn’t generate big plays.

Anyway, at least we have a pretty clear idea of what we need to do to get better. That’s better than nothing.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

USA had 15 possessions and failed to get a first down on 12 of them.

Take away the four 20+ yard plays, and USA had 0 first downs, running 35 plays for 49 yards.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team play that poorly on such a large percentage of its plays and still have a 90+ % win expectancy late in the fourth quarter.
    I think they said on the broadcast that the record for lowest number of 1st downs in a game and still get a win was 5 by Arkansas. Thank goodness we didn't make it into that hall of shame.