TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: South Alabama post game gripes.

1. Default Re: South Alabama post game gripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    The flex produced results for us consistently for 25 years across 5 different head coaches. Stowers was the worst but we were at least average under him and he did manage to get us #4. I think people don't put enough importance on the consistency aspect, that's one thing that has helped App tremendously IMO. I think we could own the Sun Belt running a contrarian offense like the flex again.

I liked Ruse's scheme, but I wonder how it fares without a Matt Breida at RB. What did he have at SHSU and why did Fritz dump him at Tulane?
    Tim Flanders at SHSU and according to Fritz he wanted to throw it more.

Default Re: South Alabama post game gripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    We have a RB who starts in the NFL. We have two db's that will play in the NFL. More guys getting looks than ever before. You have it mistaken if you think I'm all about the flexbone. I love watching it but i don't think even that would help us right now. I want to win and prefer doing it while running a version of the option.

Those 2 DB’s who are going to play in the NFL better get a whole lot better when they get there than they have been this year or they won’t be playing in the NFL very long. But that’s a whole other point. We have like 6 guys on NFL rosters right now? That’s not exactly putting a lot of guys in the NFL.

I’m not saying you are a flex guy. I’m saying that players being in the NFL needs to be about 50th on the list of things we are worried about. Because we aren’t getting a lot of future NFL players no matter what offense we run.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

3. Default Re: South Alabama post game gripes.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Those 2 DB’s who are going to play in the NFL better get a whole lot better when they get there than they have been this year or they won’t be playing in the NFL very long. But that’s a whole other point. We have like 6 guys on NFL rosters right now? That’s not exactly putting a lot of guys in the NFL.

I’m not saying you are a flex guy. I’m saying that players being in the NFL needs to be about 50th on the list of things we are worried about. Because we aren’t getting a lot of future NFL players no matter what offense we run.
    They will play and unless they get hurt, both will be drafted. I agree but some on here are so consumed about growing our brand. I don't care if we win the sunbelt for the next 5 years, this state will and always will belong to UGA. Here's a story that's totally off subject. The day of the UGA vs ND game, Brooklet had their annual peanut festival. You would've thought we were in Athens with the amount of Red and Black people were wearing. We can't get our own town behind this program much less grow it on a national level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    They will play and unless they get hurt, both will be drafted. I agree but some on here are so consumed about growing our brand. I don't care if we win the sunbelt for the next 5 years, this state will and always will belong to UGA. Here's a story that's totally off subject. The day of the UGA vs ND game, Brooklet had their annual peanut festival. You would've thought we were in Athens with the amount of Red and Black people were wearing. We can't get our own town behind this program much less grow it on a national level.

Yes this state will always belong to UGA but also the way we grow our brand is to win. Not by putting a few players here and there in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I think we could probably pay Doug Ruse a bit more than Arkansas Tech could
    Ruse is currently 0-5. Sounds much like the current situation...if he doesn't have the perfect personnel, we're having a down year under him. If we're sticking with an offense similar to ours, I'm a proponent of snatching George Quarles and Peter Lusk from Furman. Those two have completely reshaped Furman's offense and gives opposing defenses loads to prepare for. They are a pleasant mix some old school with some new school, and they look to rotate multiple big backs (225+), and have a very mobile QB. They will both run and throw out of every formation they use, including the flexbone, shotgun, and pistol. Doesn't look like they cut block at the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    The offensive coordinator is worse than any we have ever had not named Rance. Mitch is now safe from Bob.
    The **** are you talking about? Darren Hinshaw?