TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting

Default Re: Recruiting

UF expected AP to walk on because his brother was already on the team. IIRC

2. Default Re: Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No, you rambled on about a lot of stuff, but naming several people that chose GS over UGA (in a comparable situation) is not one of them
    And people threw in LOTs of conditions I never mentioned.

Revisionism is not a great way to make a point.

We could probably steal UGA recruits if we'd go back to allowing dogs in the stadium.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Curiously, we used to turn guys who had UGA offers.

Regularly.
    I don't remember names, but there were several.
    The only ‘conditions’ (and they are YOURS) are that they had a (real) UGA offer, and we ‘turned’ them.

You’ve failed to name a single one, despite it occurring ‘regularly’ back in the day, and there being ‘several’ to choose from.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

5. Default Re: Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    The only ‘conditions’ (and they are YOURS) are that they had a (real) UGA offer, and we ‘turned’ them.

You’ve failed to name a single one, despite it occurring ‘regularly’ back in the day, and there being ‘several’ to choose from.
    Think what you will.

Just keep adding conditions if you wish. Because no one could ever go back and read what I actually wrote.

(And yes. I do stand by “regularly” and “turned.” You to find some guys from back on the day. Ask them. That’s about the only way you’re gonna find out who was offered what in 1987.)

Some folks just need to go full Luke Bryan.

(BTW.... Where did Tracy Ham come from? He wasn’t offered any P5 schools? I find that hard to imagine.)

Think what you will.

Just keep adding conditions if you wish. Because no one could ever go back and read what I actually wrote.

(And yes. I do stand by “regularly” and “turned.” You to find some guys from back on the day. Ask them. That’s about the only way you’re gonna find out who was offered what in 1987.)

Some folks just need to go full Luke Bryan.

(BTW.... Where did Tracy Ham come from? He wasn’t offered any P5 schools? I find that hard to imagine.)
    Apparently he wasn't. Their loss.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

7. Default Re: Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Apparently he wasn't. Their loss.
    Really?

Are we sure??

I get overlooking him for QB ability, but he would have made a great RB anywhere as well.

(I do believe that stuff was much harder to track back then. Maybe top position offers and signings for some schools were tracked, but were offers actually tracked like they are now? Like I mentioned, my cousin was a decent player, and probably one of only two or three offered a scholarship from his large HS. You can find where he signed, but there is no info I can find on who offered, and he had 4 or 5 from G5’s and P5s.)

Maybe UGA offered Ham (smile)

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Recruiting is important and we've done better than average since Lunsford took over. Every one of Lunsford's classes have outranked App State. But player development is just as important. Since 2016 App State has done a far better job developing its recruits than we have. Monken was a master at getting the most out of the athletes he signed. The physical transformations thatguys like JJ Wilcox and Jerick McKinnon had under Monken were remarkable. Tom Melton was one of the best S&C coaches we've ever had. Gotta get back to that point.
    and Edwin Jackson, and most of the OL as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    and Edwin Jackson, and most of the OL as well.
    You could even toss Matt Breida into that group during his redshirt year in 2014.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

http://www.forgotten5.com