TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

if we get the W im definitely still nervous, but this team needs a confidence boost

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    If we hope to make a bowl we can t drop to 1-4. Trying to be an optimist if Louisiana beats App next Wed which is entirely possible every East team will have a loss. There would be hope!
    Probably the best way to look at it, but it would be false hope in my opinion.

We are dead last in total offense in the FBS, that's not getting fixed this season.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Probably the best way to look at it, but it would be false hope in my opinion.

We are dead last in total offense in the FBS, that's not getting fixed this season.
    So, we’re gonna finish dead last in total offense in the FBS? I don’t buy that.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I think we should open the game this thursday with the same formations and playcalls we ended against Louisiana. Run hurry up, pass the ball every down. If we go 3 and out, so be it. We go 3 and out a lot of times anyway, but at least this way we can confuse the defense some and possibly get them to back out of the box some on the second series.

FWIW .. we're a 11-5 point favorite on the road at USA.
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    So, we’re gonna finish dead last in total offense in the FBS? I don’t buy that.
    No, but what have you seen in the first 4 games to make you think that our offense is going to magically start producing?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I think we should open the game this thursday with the same formations and playcalls we ended against Louisiana. Run hurry up, pass the ball every down. If we go 3 and out, so be it. We go 3 and out a lot of times anyway, but at least this way we can confuse the defense some and possibly get them to back out of the box some on the second series.
    so we scrap everything and start over because we have played three teams that are better than us and lost? Yeah, that's sustainable.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    so we scrap everything and start over because we have played three teams that are better than us and lost? Yeah, that's sustainable.
    That's not what I said. I said to start the game with the formations and playcalls that are apparently already in our playbook, along with a no huddle tempo. We can go back to running 3 IZ or double options on the second series. But I think we may either A. Have surprising success throwing the ball or B. Loosen the defense enough to make those IZ and double option plays more successful.

I'm not the OC, I'm just making my suggestion on a message board. We all know what the opening offensive series will look like Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I think USA has scored 84 points, we've scored 85.
    To be fair, their 84 came in 5 games where our 85 came in 4.

10. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post

I'm not the OC, I'm just making my suggestion on a message board. We all know what the opening offensive series will look like Thursday.
    Hot garbage?