TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    So we've lost to a play-off probable LSU team, barely lost to Minnesota because we decided to play prevent defense, and lost to a really good Louisiana team. Ya'll are crazy to think that we'll lose to USA and that our season is over already after going 1-3. Did ya'll think we would realistically be 4-0 by this point?? Quite frankly it's an insult to me to say we have a "bad team". There's a ton of football left to play.
    As EAGLEMAN already pointed out, it's not that we're 1-3 it's how we've looked getting to 1-3. Our offense is averaging 18 PPG and has yet to score more than 24 in a single game (notice I said offense, not special teams or defensive scores). Meanwhile, our defense has given up 34+ points in 3/4 games.

No one expected 4-0, but I think we all expected to at least see some fight.

Our offense is also about as likely to snap the ball for a 10 yard loss as we are to get a first down. The snapping issue alone is enough to cost us a couple of games, that should not be an issue for a D1 football team.

IMO. It’s not that we lost as much as “how we looked” in losing.

There is nothing good about losing. Just ask Erk.

I also really like the idea to run the same offense on drive one as the last drive versus UL. Throw quick passes. What damage could it do?

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    As EAGLEMAN already pointed out, it's not that we're 1-3 it's how we've looked getting to 1-3. Our offense is averaging 18 PPG and has yet to score more than 24 in a single game (notice I said offense, not special teams or defensive scores). Meanwhile, our defense has given up 34+ points in 3/4 games.

No one expected 4-0, but I think we all expected to at least see some fight.
    We've fought hard in every game we've played. If anything is to blame its our offense. Our defense got gassed against Minnesota because our offensive production was terrible. I agree that Debesse needs to open up the playbook a little.

6. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    I also really like the idea to run the same offense on drive one as the last drive versus UL. Throw quick passes. What damage could it do?
    I like the idea, but those looks aren’t going to be the same early in a game. Im sure we could execute some of that, but IMO most of what we saw at the end of the UL game was garbage time gimmes.

7. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I like the idea, but those looks aren’t going to be the same early in a game. Im sure we could execute some of that, but IMO most of what we saw at the end of the UL game was garbage time gimmes.
    First offensive play of the game:

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

Can we not just throw a hitch to Michaud and expect him to get past the 30?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

Did we run a dive on the play?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Can we not just throw a hitch to Michaud and expect him to get past the 30?
    We could, but that would require a play change, and we are having none of that.