TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    And I'm sure you did absolutely nothing to provoke or entice them to continue the behavior.

We sat directly next to their students. Zero issues.
    That is correct. I did not. Sorry to disappoint.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fighting-ir...211216243.html
    Overall, the Notre Dame-Georgia game has been considered the most difficult to obtain this year in the ticket market, with Texas-LSU and Texas-Oklahoma trailing. According to Jack Slingland, the vice president of operations for TickPick, the game has the highest average purchase price of any game sold on the ticket site this year. The $502 average price is ahead of both Texas-LSU ($475) and OU-Texas ($435).
    According to data from SeatGeek provided by Notre Dame, a visit from the Fighting Irish results in a 96 percent ticket bump on tickets in the secondary market. That’s the highest in all of college football, with Michigan (68 percent) and Penn State (67 percent) the next highest.

Would never spend that kind of money to sit with and be insulted by a bunch of mouthbreathers at any CFB game when I can sit home in the a/c and get insulted by my wife for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    And I'm sure you did absolutely nothing to provoke or entice them to continue the behavior.

We sat directly next to their students. Zero issues.
    When I went in 2004 (my first and only time I'll ever set foot up there), I did zero to antagonize fans, especially on my walk to the stadium.

Granted I didn't have any drinks thrown at me but there was a lot of terrible behavior. Sitting right beside a lot of students at the game wasn't much better but I expect that there.

All in all, I just really have no desire to go back.

4. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

As others have pointed out, I think there's going to be a much different type of crowd for this game due to the high ticket demand essentially pricing out the riff raff.

On the other hand, it's going to be an 8pm kickoff, so everyone's going to be good and lubricated by then.

Don't forget your beer money sign on gameday.
    https://www.wspa.com/news/football-f...to-fundraiser/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    When I was younger in the 70's and early 80's I was an avid fan of the Dawgs! As I got older I learned more about the good-ole-boy system of the Board of Regents, State Assembly, and every city and town in the state and how UGA is fed a disproportionate amount of funding to the detriment of other schools in the system. Georgia Southern's economic impact in it's region is not appreciated by those receiving the benefits. Even in Statesboro, there are business owners who owe their success to the presence of GS, but load up the $100k RV and travel to every UGA game without contributing a cent to GS. I don't really care about UGA football or any of the other NFL Farm schools. They're an anomaly compared to the 250+ teams playing DI college football. I care about Southern Georgia having a USG designated research university and South Georgia residents having every degree program offered in the region as North Georgia residents.

Amen!

My son and I both graduated from GS. Today we were together in Carrollton where he went to high school. Despite the fact that Carrollton is home to the University of West Georgia, it is largely an Auburn and UGA town with a lot of band wagon BAMA fans.

This week in Carrollton, there is a lot of talk about Saturday's UGA vs ND game. That may be because one of my son's friends, Tyler Newsome, a former Carrollton Trojan, was the punter and team captain for ND last year. He's a terrific young man who was recently released by the San Diago Chargers. With all the UGA vs ND hype, a nurse asked my son who he cheered for and my son replied, "Georgia Southern!" She followed up by asking, "Other than GS who do you cheer for" and my son replied, "I only cheer for Georgia Southern."

His response made me very proud but the great thing about our country is everyone has a right to free speech and as such everyone can cheer for whoever they like and whenever they like. We should appreciate our differences and not make other fans feel unwelcome on our campus. Most visiting fans are not jerks and we don't need to poorly represent our university by hurling insults laced with profanity at anyone. Our fan behavior at last year's APP game was embarrassing and unacceptable. Unfortunately, we have no room to criticize the fans of other college teams. Like us, some are good folks and some are jerks.

ND 14.5 Dogs. UGA I think will curb stomp ND. ND along with Michigan highly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by West Georgia Eagle View Post
    My son and I both graduated from GS. Today we were together in Carrollton where he went to high school. Despite the fact that Carrollton is home to the University of West Georgia, it is largely an Auburn and UGA town with a lot of band wagon BAMA fans.

This week in Carrollton, there is a lot of talk about Saturday's UGA vs ND game. That may be because one of my son's friends, Tyler Newsome, a former Carrollton Trojan, was the punter and team captain for ND last year. He's a terrific young man who was recently released by the San Diago Chargers. With all the UGA vs ND hype, a nurse asked my son who he cheered for and my son replied, "Georgia Southern!" She followed up by asking, "Other than GS who do you cheer for" and my son replied, "I only cheer for Georgia Southern."

His response made me very proud but the great thing about our country is everyone has a right to free speech and as such everyone can cheer for whoever they like and whenever they like. We should appreciate our differences and not make other fans feel unwelcome on our campus. Most visiting fans are not jerks and we don't need to poorly represent our university by hurling insults laced with profanity at anyone. Our fan behavior at last year's APP game was embarrassing and unacceptable. Unfortunately, we have no room to criticize the fans of other college teams. Like us, some are good folks and some are jerks.
    Great kid!

I would be there with a GS flag since I live in Athens, but I have to coach a middle school game that morning in Elbert Co.