TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Predict our 2019 conference record.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8-0

5 7.58%
  • 7-1

10 15.15%
  • 6-2

25 37.88%
  • 5-3

11 16.67%
  • 4-4

13 19.70%
  • 3-5

1 1.52%
  • 2-6

1 1.52%
  • 1-7

0 0%
  • 0-8

0 0%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Still sticking with what I said in the offseason...7-5. Losses to LSU, Minnesota, Troy, App, and one of Ark State and ULL
    So losing to every team with a winning record.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Our offense just needs to catch more momentum earlier in the game. Werts will provide that with his experience when he returns. Our defense is exceptional. IMO, the key to winning games the rest of the season will come with sustaining time of possession like we enjoying doing historically and playing sound defense. The season is far from over!

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    We ran for 7.60 yards per carry against Maine. That's 90th percentile in our 475 game history. If you take out the 3 terrible snaps, which I think we can all agree are not normal rushes, we averaged 9.06 yards per carry -- that's 97th percentile.

Did we kill our scoring drives with dumb penalties and fumbles? Sure. But Maine never stopped us.
    This +1. People were acting like Maine was the 85 bears. Our offense did a better job then stopping our offense then their defense.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    Our offense just needs to catch more momentum earlier in the game. Werts will provide that with his experience when he returns. Our defense is exceptional. IMO, the key to winning games the rest of the season will come with sustaining time of possession like we enjoying doing historically and playing sound defense. The season is far from over!

Because our offense caught so much momentum early in games last year with Werts?

As for the rest, the key is definitely sustaining time of possession and playing great defense. It’s glaringly obvious that’s Lunsfords gameplan.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Because our offense caught so much momentum early in games last year with Werts?

As for the rest, the key is definitely sustaining time of possession and playing great defense. It’s glaringly obvious that’s Lunsfords gameplan.
    +1, our offense is far from dynamic. To be honest rather pedestrian.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, our offense is far from dynamic. To be honest rather pedestrian.
    We’ve got to consider changing how we use our first possession. If we’re only going to get the ball 6-8 times in the entire game, we don’t have the luxury of scripting our first possession to see how the defense plays us.

When’s the last time we got a first down on our first drive? Or two first downs?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We’ve got to consider changing how we use our first possession. If we’re only going to get the ball 6-8 times in the entire game, we don’t have the luxury of scripting our first possession to see how the defense plays us.

When’s the last time we got a first down on our first drive? Or two first downs?
    We looked to be running Load PA on our first play against Minnesota but we had a false start. We also ran load to the outside on second down.

We're doing some different things, not just straight dives. However we keep shooting ourselves in the foot too. 1st and 15 changes the calculus.

OL consistency needs to improve. That alone will fix a LOT of our problems.

It looks like you'll have to go all the way back to the CCU game last year for that. In fact, I do not believe we have scored a TD on our opening possession since 2017.

I’m responding to myself. Here is what happened on our first possession over the past seven games:

Troy 3 and out
    CCU 12 plays, 31 yards, two first downs, FG. GOT THE FIRST FIRST DOWN BY GOING FOR IT ON FOURTH.
    GSU 3 and out
    EMU 3 and out
    LSU 3 and out
    Maine 3 and out
    Minn 3 and out

OK, I have identified my #1 issue with the offense. In most other ways, I’m ok with it. I think we can win with it. But when you’re in the business of shortening the game, you can’t (literally) punt any possession. I don’t mind playing conservatively at the end of the first half (which we also do), but opening up with a three and out in seven straight games is HORRIBLE.

This is a major factor in why we struggled to put away less talented teams in GSU, EMU, and Maine, and why we found ourselves in a first half hole vs CCU, LSU, and Minnesota.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I’m responding to myself. Here is what happened on our first possession over the past seven games:

Troy 3 and out
    CCU 12 plays, 31 yards, two first downs, FG. GOT THE FIRST FIRST DOWN BY GOING FOR IT ON FOURTH.
    GSU 3 and out
    EMU 3 and out
    LSU 3 and out
    Maine 3 and out
    Minn 3 and out

OK, I have identified my #1 issue with the offense. In most other ways, I’m ok with it. I think we can win with it. But when you’re in the business of shortening the game, you can’t (literally) punt any possession. I don’t mind playing conservatively at the end of the first half (which we also do), but opening up with a three and out in seven straight games is HORRIBLE.

This is a major factor in why we struggled to put away less talented teams in GSU, EMU, and Maine, and why we found ourselves in a first half hole vs CCU, LSU, and Minnesota.
    +1