TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Predict our 2019 conference record.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8-0

5 7.58%
  • 7-1

10 15.15%
  • 6-2

25 37.88%
  • 5-3

11 16.67%
  • 4-4

13 19.70%
  • 3-5

1 1.52%
  • 2-6

1 1.52%
  • 1-7

0 0%
  • 0-8

0 0%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

1. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Are we much worse at this point then we were after three games last year? Yeah, the numbers were better last year but we didn’t start out looking like a 10-win team and we played SC State, UMASS and Clemson with a returning QB. This year we played LSU, Maine and Minnesota with a freshmen QB. Let’s see how how we look against ULL then you can go back to telling the coaches what they need to do.
    That’s fair.

We did have a pretty shaky start last season, and I’ve always thought signing up two P5s practically back-to-back was a mistake. Much more downside risk than upside potential.

I’ll do a ‘reset’ and lay off until after that game.

It could be that the Power Of Paulson comes through and miracles happen. (I am still wondering how we beat App so handily last year... All I got for that is P.O.P.)

I will take a break and stop being a downer. Maybe this bye week is exactly what we need to start playing good, smart, clean GS football again.

Positive vibes and GATA!

2. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

This is a copy of a post I made on the Eagles Nest several days ago.

Second week in a row we've had a TD if the ball is thrown in front of the WR.

Before we go very far, it's important to know that in this offense, it's imperative that we stress the pitch key to the sidelines. In the flex, we want to QB to get vertical right on the other side of the crashing DE. In DeBesse's offense, we want the QB and pitch man to run laterally to stretch out the defense and provide lanes to turn up. You don't cut early and you don't cross back into the box.

On this play, we've got a 5 on 4. Tomlin MUST stay outside of Logan Wright and stretch this to the sideline. He cuts inside and gets stopped short. 66 doesn't get to his man in time, but Tomlin still needs to press this outside. Get used to this, cause you're about to see it a lot.

DE pinches inside, so IMO this should be a keep and a 3 on 2 outside.

Once again, DE pinches inside, should be a keep and a 3 on 2. Wright cuts his man down so this should be a good gain. Michaud is switching in to seal the safety so there's a CB downfield at the top of the screen, but that's 10-15 yards away.

Tomlin again needs to be outside of Wright's block, but instead cuts into the heart of the defense. This was a 3 on 2.

No read here (because we NEVER make a read out of 11). This is a good hole by the OL but a great play by the defender to get the shoestring tackle. King should really be running right behind Cam Brown's wham block.

5 on 4 but Tomlin cuts early into the defense... told you this was going to come up a lot.

Remember how I just said we don't make reads out of 11? Oops, here's a good read on midline.

Someone help me here... #12 should be the dive key here. He's SO far inside that I wonder if Tomlin even saw him. He's unblocked, so I'm pretty sure this is a read, and if so it's a BAD read. This is big gain if he keeps AND stays outside of the cruiser's block. He's cutting inside here too.

Very well executed wham play, but I'm not sure why #55 on defense steps so hard to his left. He gave 66 inside leverage when he didn't have it otherwise.

Wham again. Not as clean, but still a good run. We've got to be able to run this for a consistent 5+ yard gain.

Tomlin finally pushes this outside and is rewarded with a TD. Nice aggressive cut by Logan Wright. (This was totally a touchback)

Good read, and 66 does a good job on his second level block, but poor leverage off the double team by 64. There's a good hole otherwise.

4 on 3 outside, Tomlin cuts inside and fumbles. H-back influence freezes the safety and backside LB, so there's room to work if Tomlin pushes this outside. Pretty lazy block by King though.

Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Werts isn't Kevin Ellison in the option game, but you can't tell me some of the plays in this game don't go for more if he is playing.

I like Tomlin and thank god we have him to put us over the top against Maine but he's not Werts. At least not yet.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Werts isn't Kevin Ellison in the option game, but you can't tell me some of the plays in this game don't go for more if he is playing.

I like Tomlin and thank god we have him to put us over the top against Maine but he's not Werts. At least not yet.
    I went back today and watched some of the quick-cuts from the Arkansas State game last year. How some people are saying there is no difference between Werts and Tomlin is beyond me. This video is a perfect reason why. Werts consistently was able to work the numbers in his favor. I think Tomlin is going to be a great quarterback for Georgia Southern. But Werts is the guy right now and if we can get him back healthy starting next week, I think this thing is going to get rolling.

5. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Thanks for those clips, Klak!

Very interesting!

6. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

2 or 3 wins. OL is bad

Quote Originally Posted by gregallman View Post
    2 or 3 wins. OL is bad
    So you’re saying we’re gonna be “tied to the whipping post?”

Quote Originally Posted by gregallman View Post
    2 or 3 wins. OL is bad
    Pretty typical of a lot of our "fans" During the off season we are going to be vieing for the access bowl game and will be undefeated. Once the games start and we don;t look perfect, it automatically turns in to the sky is falling and we're not going to win at all and will be lucky to win 2 or 3. Then next off season, we'll be back to crowing about the access bowl.....
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

9. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Pretty typical of a lot of our "fans" During the off season we are going to be vieing for the access bowl game and will be undefeated. Once the games start and we don;t look perfect, it automatically turns in to the sky is falling and we're not going to win at all and will be lucky to win 2 or 3. Then next off season, we'll be back to crowing about the access bowl.....
    Pretty typical for some fans to only show up after a loss too.

I still can’t figure out why we look so bad in all phases of the game. With the talent and experience on this team it certainly is a perplexing question. This game next Saturday is a must win. We lose it, and the season is over.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low