TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    And the perception is App State is a powerhouse G5 with P5 upset potential. Georgia Southern’s perception outside of the south is “who?”
    Not really. I talk to people all over the country who have plenty of respect for our program.

Makes me sick to see App get that win.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Not really. I talk to people all over the country who have plenty of respect for our program.
    Yes lots of respect but it's what we have done, we have to win 10+ games a year for 5 years and beat these p5s to get respect now.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

4. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

App 34
    UNC 31 F

Ugh. Depressing. GS is the only thing keeping the SBC from P5 wins 4 weeks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Not me. If you live in NC like I do this would make you feel happy. Not like living in GA and all the UGA fandom.

6. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I can respect App.

They built a really good program the honest way.

Gag? Not so much. Hate those clowns all day every day.

i haven't experienced that in my travels, I bring up GS and for the most part get a blank stare or in some cases a look like, "that's nice". If we could of kept rolling after the 2014-15 seasons, consecutive bowl wins 9-10 win seasons, P5 win etc.then a little respect. Currently we are just another G5 trying our best to get to bowl eligible. 2 G5 programs getting some respect, Boise and UCF, again, some respect, not great respect.

8. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Respect for our program and perception that we are a better program than App State are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Respect for our program and perception that we are a better program than App State are not the same thing.
    They wouldn't see us any differently if either us or App was on their schedule.

Basically, if they are fans of elite teams like Bama, Ohio St., Oklahoma, then they fully expect to dominate. If they are fans of lesser teams, they have a little concern because they know teams like us and App have good enough athletes to beat them. There is certainly no feeling of "Oh no, why couldn't we schedule Georgia Southern and not App?"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i haven't experienced that in my travels, I bring up GS and for the most part get a blank stare or in some cases a look like, "that's nice". If we could of kept rolling after the 2014-15 seasons, consecutive bowl wins 9-10 win seasons, P5 win etc.then a little respect. Currently we are just another G5 trying our best to get to bowl eligible. 2 G5 programs getting some respect, Boise and UCF, again, some respect, not great respect.
    Unfortunately this has been my experience as well. We’re nowhere near apps level of notoriety and as long as they keep winning, it’s not changing anytime soon