TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This game should put to bed the notion...

Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

The sky isn't falling guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerado View Post
    Unlike some of the people that predicted us to lose by 30 or 40, I'm more concerned now than I was after the last game.

This season could turn out to be another 2008 talking about so many what-ifs, and that thought doesn't feel good at all.

But the fact that we played like crap and were in the game proves the point I made in the OP.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Pointing out the obvious isn’t saying the sky is falling. That was a bad loss. Spinning it any other way is just burying your head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Unlike some of the people that predicted us to lose by 30 or 40, I'm more concerned now than I was after the last game.

This season could turn out to be another 2008 talking about so many what-ifs, and that thought doesn't feel good at all.

But the fact that we played like crap and were in the game proves the point I made in the OP.
    If we were getting mollywhupped in these P5 matchups my bp wouldn’t even rise. The fact that more often than not we are not just in the game but should’ve WON the game is just devastating for me. These are skins we should be hanging on our belts but we just refuse to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    If we were getting mollywhupped in these P5 matchups my bp wouldn’t even rise. The fact that more often than not we are not just in the game but should’ve WON the game is just devastating for me. These are skins we should be hanging on our belts but we just refuse to take them.
    I keep running this thought through my head. NC St. GT, UGA, Ole Miss, Minnesota. Where would the program be right now if we had won a few of those?

6. Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I keep running this thought through my head. NC St. GT, UGA, Ole Miss, Minnesota. Where would the program be right now if we had won a few of those?
    It is SO frustrating!

The fact that we actually held the lead at the very end of so many just makes me want to cry. That has to be some kind of record.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Good.... it should get under your skin. Guess what? We don't get crap for close. Competitive isn't a win. All that matters at the end of the day is wins.

BVG lost 6 games by 1 score or less. Nobody talks about how "competitive" or "close" we were.
    It all boils down to this:
    At the end of the day when you sit there and look at it, the loser is the only one who talks about being competitive.

No, it’s not. It wasn’t falling at the beginning of 2002, 2005, or at any point during the Monken era.

People need to chill out before they get crazy and push the administration into blowing up what might still be a very good situation for GS.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Or it could turn out just fine. People should very careful about using what they’ve seen thus far as a measuring stick.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

...that we don't have the talent to compete with non-elite Power 5 teams.

After Florida, NC State, Tech, UGA in 2015, Tech and Ole Miss in 2016, and Minnesota there's just no doubt West Virginia and Indiana are the exceptions and not the rule. We should compete with this team and it's frustrating that we keep falling just short.

And I do agree that we do have a couple of problem positions on this team but all-in-all we're not being out-classed by these teams at all.
    by God we should compete we have the same amount of scholarships but recruiting P5 caliber talent is a different story. Cream of the crop go to P5's we get a shot at the rest. Again, we HAD that game yesterday as is. We didn't come up big when the game was on the line, the last 3:50 seconds. They made the plays, we didn't, that simple and IMO that's why all my frustration.