TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This game should put to bed the notion...

Default This game should put to bed the notion...

...that we don't have the talent to compete with non-elite Power 5 teams.

After Florida, NC State, Tech, UGA in 2015, Tech and Ole Miss in 2016, and Minnesota there's just no doubt West Virginia and Indiana are the exceptions and not the rule. We should compete with this team and it's frustrating that we keep falling just short.

And I do agree that we do have a couple of problem positions on this team but all-in-all we're not being out-classed by these teams at all.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

We definitely do compete.

We just got “unlucky” again.

(Of course, smart people don’t believe in luck. They know penalties and sloppy stuff ain’t luck at all.)

We owned this game. Except the part that counts.

Very frustrating loss. We did it to ourselves.

Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    ...that we don't have the talent to compete with non-elite Power 5 teams.

After Florida, NC State, Tech, UGA in 2015, Tech and Ole Miss in 2016, and Minnesota there's just no doubt West Virginia and Indiana are the exceptions and not the rule. We should compete with this team and it's frustrating that we keep falling just short.

And I do agree that we do have a couple of problem positions on this team but all-in-all we're not being out-classed by these teams at all.
    Yep

It should put the notion to bed, but I'm sure the same type of 42-7 predictions will be coming next year against Ole Miss.

10 years ago this week we lost to South Dakota State by 38 points en route to a 5-6 season. Now we’re competing with P5 teams, not settling for top 10 FCS wins and setting our vision on double digit win seasons with conference championships. These things don’t happen overnight and we’ve still got a lot of work to do- both this season and beyond- but it’s encouraging to remember where we’ve come from and exciting to think what lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    It should put the notion to bed, but I'm sure the same type of 42-7 predictions will be coming next year against Ole Miss.
    Because: SEC

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    10 years ago this week we lost to South Dakota State by 38 points en route to a 5-6 season. Now we’re competing with P5 teams, not settling for top 10 FCS wins and setting our vision on double digit win seasons with conference championships. These things don’t happen overnight and we’ve still got a lot of work to do- both this season and beyond- but it’s encouraging to remember where we’ve come from and exciting to think what lies ahead.
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    The only reason we were such underdogs to Minnesota was due to how we played against LSU.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Yep. Just think about how much better we’ve been during these three exhibition games than we were at any point two years ago.

The real season begins in two weeks. Until then, I’ll be philosophical.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

10. Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

At our rate of wins against P5 and good OOC G5 teams I may not live long enough to see another one. Being excited about what lies ahead after our showing in the first 3 games is not something that satisfies me. I am pretty sure we are a 4 or 5 win team this season. That hurts recruiting and our mediocrity becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.