TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213

Thread: After the game thoughts

Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    One thing that has stuck in my craw is why don't we have Dexter Carter at least running back kick Offs!, check his last season kick off returns he had, I think he had 2 and those two were very good. Just not sure I understand that.
    The thing about both of those kickoff returns is that he was a blocker in those formations, picking up squib kicks.

IMO, Brinson is probably the most explosive athlete we’ve got with the ball in his hands (and I probably would have said the same thing before Saturday).

But he took a big shot against Maine, and I won’t quibble with the coaches’ decision to let somewhat else take those chances.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

[QUOTE=GATAlac El Dorado;979321]
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Nobody’s saying they’re always right . . . I mean, with that logic all professional coaches would always be great. What IS often said is that it takes a special kind of ignorant hubris for an armchair fan to think they have a superior understanding of what’s going because they watch a lot of ESPN and was once (or still is) a rock star on some video game over someone who’s actually made a 30-year career of studying film, developing players, and calling plays and, you know, actually COACHING.

They may indeed be screwing up, but if they are they’re doing in spite of the benefit of a lot more information, knowledge, and insight than any of us has, so I don’t take “This kid looked good in High School and I’ve seen him make a couple of decent plays” as sufficient authority to proclaim our staff as a bunch of bumbling idiots for not playing him more.
    Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one.....
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

How about this wacky quote function going off the rails on the attributions . . .
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    The thing about both of those kickoff returns is that he was a blocker in those formations, picking up squib kicks.

IMO, Brinson is probably the most explosive athlete we’ve got with the ball in his hands (and I probably would have said the same thing before Saturday).

But he took a big shot against Maine, and I won’t quibble with the coaches’ decision to let somewhat else take those chances.
    you watch the way he followed his blockers, it was pretty good, would love him to get a head of steam on a deeper kick and watch him find the holes, heck we couldn't do any worse in giving him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    How about this wacky quote function going off the rails on the attributions . . .
    I saw that too. LOL
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive