Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Step 1: Count to 12
    He wants to....IN THE WIN COLUMN BOYEEEEEEE

2. Default Re: After the game thoughts

why?

Was that the offensive yardage of the second half?

I think yesterday showed why we need Shai back. A lot of people have criticized for giving up on the pitch play too soon. Yesterday Minnesota took it away. There several times Tomlin needed to turn up field and he was still running out wide. I think there were several first downs we get if Shai is quarterback because he’s pretty good at that.

I’ll never get over that loss. That’s what blowing it looks like. As disappointed as I am about that, I’m excited for the Louisiana game. The defense looked like they switched the flip for most of the 4th quarter. I think having Shai back will make a big impact. I think those players will probably have a long week, but I think a lot of stuff gets fixed heading into the bye. I fully expect to see that team come out and play some really inspired football in two weeks and I think it will be fun to watch.

4. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    We don't need to compete. We need to WIN! There is no participation trophy for competing. The gap isn't closing until we start winning these games. You want to be in the "peer" conversation, then we need to win these games like Boise State and UCF do.
    Did you even read the first few sentences of my post? I’m not content with just competing. But the problem is when our fans act like the success we have against P5 teams is based on them “giving” us something or overlooking us. That’s bull. All they are doing when they say things like that is offering support to the P5 crowd and media that think their is some insurmountable chasm between “P5” and “G5”

Not count to 12. We are way past 12. It's time we win or get off the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Bob Debesse is a terrible offensive coordinator, and is our number one problem right now. Why we continue to not get our speed guys involved in the game is beyond me. Thompson hasn’t seen the field. We refuse to dial up any perimeter plays for Speedy or Hood. Hell, get Dexter Carter in at WR, and throw one of those deep balls to him.
    +1
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

I’ll say it again...I wish Shai Werts really was as good as some of y’all think he is
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Bob Debesse is a terrible offensive coordinator, and is our number one problem right now. Why we continue to not get our speed guys involved in the game is beyond me. Thompson hasn’t seen the field. We refuse to dial up any perimeter plays for Speedy or Hood. Hell, get Dexter Carter in at WR, and throw one of those deep balls to him.
    Please post your coaching CV for review.

9. Default Re: After the game thoughts

After three games we are dead last out of 130 teams in total offense averaging 251 total yards per game and only four offensive touchdowns. Next to last in 3rd down conversions (converted 6 of 34 attempts).

Since we moved to FBS we've had the following ranks in total offense:

#16 in 2014
    #46 in 2015
    #91 in 2016
    #113 in 2017
    #112 in 2018
    #130 in 2019 (thru 3 games)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglechamp View Post
    After three games we are dead last out of 130 teams in total offense averaging 251 total yards per game and only four offensive touchdowns. Next to last in 3rd down conversions (converted 6 of 34 attempts).

Since we moved to FBS we've had the following ranks in total offense:

#16 in 2014
    #46 in 2015
    #91 in 2016
    #113 in 2017
    #112 in 2018
    #130 in 2019 (thru 3 games)
    Curious where we rank if you remove the Clemson game last year and the LSU game this year