TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After the game thoughts

1. Default After the game thoughts

I was super mad after that game. Same as any loss. But after a few hours I realized Iím happier than I was after last weeks win.

The second half was the first time this season Iíve seen our defense really come to play. Thatís a good sign. Our young linebackers look VERY good. We already knew Byrd was solid. But Reynard Ellis and Quinn Williams started to really get after it second half. Overall, we had 11 TFL and 5 sacks. Special teams was very good most of the night. Bass continues to be reliable, and of course the massive play from special teams in the 4th.

Stupid penalties and dumb mistakes cost us on offense. We were held to pretty slim offense numbers (198 total yards), but some of that was because two scores were from defense and special teams which takes the ball out of offenseís hands for less yardage. Not a lot of complaints for offense other than stupid mistakes. Tomlin played well, other than a costly fumble. Iím looking forward to Shai being back though. I truly think Shai and Kennedy will help this offense have a different feel to it. O-line did better today. Tomlin had time to pass, and holes started to open for running. Still need improvement on the line, but itís better.

2. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    I was super mad after that game. Same as any loss. But after a few hours I realized I’m happier than I was after last weeks win.

The second half was the first time this season I’ve seen our defense really come to play. That’s a good sign. Our young linebackers look VERY good. We already knew Byrd was solid. But Reynard Ellis and Quinn Williams started to really get after it second half. Overall, we had 11 TFL and 5 sacks. Special teams was very good most of the night. Bass continues to be reliable, and of course the massive play from special teams in the 4th.

Stupid penalties and dumb mistakes cost us on offense. We were held to pretty slim offense numbers (198 total yards), but some of that was because two scores were from defense and special teams which takes the ball out of offense’s hands for less yardage. Not a lot of complaints for offense other than stupid mistakes. Tomlin played well, other than a costly fumble. I’m looking forward to Shai being back though. I truly think Shai and Kennedy will help this offense have a different feel to it. O-line did better today. Tomlin had time to pass, and holes started to open for running. Still need improvement on the line, but it’s better.

Stupid penalties and dumb mistakes should not be happening.

They cannot be happening anymore if we expect to make a bowl.

Coaches better get at the root of those penalties and kill them dead. Those things have a way of spiraling out of control.

Default Re: After the game thoughts

I’m sorry but how in the hell can you be happier than last week’s win?????
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

4. Default Re: After the game thoughts

on a side note maine is losing to towson 45-16 and giving 5 rushing touchdowns with 6 mins left to play

Bob Debesse is a terrible offensive coordinator, and is our number one problem right now. Why we continue to not get our speed guys involved in the game is beyond me. Thompson hasn’t seen the field. We refuse to dial up any perimeter plays for Speedy or Hood. Hell, get Dexter Carter in at WR, and throw one of those deep balls to him.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by sportsperson1983 View Post
    on a side note maine is losing to towson 45-16 and giving 5 rushing touchdowns with 6 mins left to play
    Maine is awful. Only rubes thought that team was legit.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    What about people who thought Texas was going to beat LSU easily?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

8. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Yep.

We spent most of that game trying to beat ourselves.

CL better step back and really evaluate things. We have some great talent, but also so serious problems. #1 priority is figuring out how to regain discipline. We gotta stop handing opportunities away via penalties.

9. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Doesnít help get the point on concentrating and not beating yourself when a side line staff member interferes with a referee and draws a 15 yard penalty. I would have at least send him to the locker room for the rest of the game if not fired him on the spot. That was inexcusable and unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Doesnít help get the point on concentrating and not beating yourself when a side line staff member interferes with a referee and draws a 15 yard penalty. I would have at least send him to the locker room for the rest of the game if not fired him on the spot. That was inexcusable and unforgivable.
    If that penalty doesnít happen what changes to the gameís ultimate outcome?