TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After the game thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default After the game thoughts

I was super mad after that game. Same as any loss. But after a few hours I realized Iím happier than I was after last weeks win.

The second half was the first time this season Iíve seen our defense really come to play. Thatís a good sign. Our young linebackers look VERY good. We already knew Byrd was solid. But Reynard Ellis and Quinn Williams started to really get after it second half. Overall, we had 11 TFL and 5 sacks. Special teams was very good most of the night. Bass continues to be reliable, and of course the massive play from special teams in the 4th.

Stupid penalties and dumb mistakes cost us on offense. We were held to pretty slim offense numbers (198 total yards), but some of that was because two scores were from defense and special teams which takes the ball out of offenseís hands for less yardage. Not a lot of complaints for offense other than stupid mistakes. Tomlin played well, other than a costly fumble. Iím looking forward to Shai being back though. I truly think Shai and Kennedy will help this offense have a different feel to it. O-line did better today. Tomlin had time to pass, and holes started to open for running. Still need improvement on the line, but itís better.

2. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Doesnít help get the point on concentrating and not beating yourself when a side line staff member interferes with a referee and draws a 15 yard penalty. I would have at least send him to the locker room for the rest of the game if not fired him on the spot. That was inexcusable and unforgivable.

Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Doesnít help get the point on concentrating and not beating yourself when a side line staff member interferes with a referee and draws a 15 yard penalty. I would have at least send him to the locker room for the rest of the game if not fired him on the spot. That was inexcusable and unforgivable.
    If that penalty doesnít happen what changes to the gameís ultimate outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    If that penalty doesn’t happen what changes to the game’s ultimate outcome?
    Maybe we get a two-point conversion and the game is tied at the end of regulation.

That said, that penalty would be like #4 at least on the list of the bad things that hurt us in this game, though. It's not a super rare penalty.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

I want to hear CL sack up in this coach's show and take some damned responsibility. He did so in our weak games last season-for stuff that wasn't really even bad coaching, but now we have some real coaching issues, and I want to hear how he is fixing that stuff.
    Before we get to Monday and everyone freaks out, there is no coaches show this week due to the bye. Next show will be Monday 9/23.

What hurts is we could not get the last defensive stop. Had them deep in their own territory but they still drove the length of field for win. When the game was finally on the line, we didn't make a play or find the way to win. No matter what went on before that final series, that final series ill unfortunately remember the rest of my life much like the NCState goal line fumble, the GT bad call/pitch and the UGA muffed punt.

Another come-from-ahead loss to another ****ty P5 team. Hey, makes a great addition to the highlight reel they're putting together for the 10 Year Anniversary Gala for the UF win.

Time to pop a couple Prozac, add this one to the resume, and go spread it on fan forums across the nation. Ole Miss, Arkansas, Nebraska message boards....it's about to be open season.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    A LOT of things could have made a LOT of differences, but I want to see some coaches accept full responsibility for this one.

Not being able to count players on the field TWICE is absolutely unacceptable! That's no even pop-warner stuff right there!

Getting a sideline infraction ? What???

And then handing Minn that full final drive? YGTBSM!

I want to hear CL sack up in this coach's show and take some damned responsibility. He did so in our weak games last season-for stuff that wasn't really even bad coaching, but now we have some real coaching issues, and I want to hear how he is fixing that stuff.

Luck had practically nothing to do with this game. This was piss-poor coaching throughout the second half. I want some guys getting paid the big bucks to stand up and take some responsibility. That was our second P5 win-and it was flat given away by stupid stuff.
    When after a loss has Lunsford ever not accepted responsibility. Then people like you Grill him for saying he didn’t do enough. Jcountry, you’re one of a kind.

9. Default Re: After the game thoughts

I was at the Quicklane Bowl and watched how Minnesota walked up and down the field against Tech. I hate we lost because our rivals have won some over P5 teams but don’t over analyze the loss. Yes we do have things to work on but I think we have a great run ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by gsusae View Post
    I was at the Quicklane Bowl and watched how Minnesota walked up and down the field against Tech. I hate we lost because our rivals have won some over P5 teams but don’t over analyze the loss. Yes we do have things to work on but I think we have a great run ahead of us.
    While I agree with you that we can have a great run ahead and win the sunbelt, it's still us winning the shi$iest conference. Yes we will take it bc that is the conference we are in right now but we as lifelong fans are tired of losing these p5 games.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982