TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: After the game thoughts

1. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Our offense scored 18 points yesterday. Without the scoop and score and the blocked field goal return, yesterday’s score looks a lot uglier.

We’ve scored 44 points on offense through 3 games. That’s not going to cut it.
    Exactly. 4 offensive touchdowns in 3 games. The players never gave up yesterday and fought until the end.

But, I am sick of the three-and-outs to start the game and the 2nd half. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that Lunsford doesn't think we can gain two yards on a 4th and 2 in the red zone. That is why he is content with field goals. Bass is the MVP thus far.

I don't think DeBesse is the answer at OC. I don't know who is. Not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water, but, I am done with this version of the Gun Option.

Default Re: After the game thoughts

“Werts is going to help”....you guys are adorable
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Well, he will. He's obviously not going to help bad snaps or dumb penalties, but Tomlin just isn't Werts yet.

I'll go ahead and say there's zero chance Werts doesn't start for UL-L unless his shoulder somehow still isn't healed.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post

I don't think DeBesse is the answer at OC. I don't know who is. Not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water, but, I am done with this version of the Gun Option.
    I assume DeBeese is calling plays..... But IDK.

We were inside the 5 how many times Vs Maine-only to get a FG? Really?

Whomever is calling plays is waaaaay too conservative.

Tomlin and werts have both showed excellent throwing capability. That long pass From Tomlin yesterday was so beautiful, and he threw it about a microsecond before he took a nasty hit.

We need to take more chances, take more shots. They work out more often than not when they are thrown so well.

I think someone on staff is worried about the ‘no interceptions’ streak. What in hell does that matter if we only win 4 games?

Playcalling on offense is way too conservative. We gotta get beyond that.

Our offense is trash bro! Everything else looks pretty good.
    Go Eagles!!

7. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Well, he will. He's obviously not going to help bad snaps or dumb penalties, but Tomlin just isn't Werts yet.

I'll go ahead and say there's zero chance Werts doesn't start for UL-L unless his shoulder somehow still isn't healed.
    I like Tomlin a Lot, but he probably won’t ever be Werts-at least not in his ability to make people miss tackles.

That’s not a bad thing, though. Tomlin has a beautiful arm. We just need a staff smart enough to recognize that and brave enough to actually take advantage of it.

I’m so tired of wasting downs watching our RBs get stuffed over and over. Do something halfway creative!

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    While I agree with you that we can have a great run ahead and win the sunbelt, it's still us winning the shi$iest conference. Yes we will take it bc that is the conference we are in right now but we as lifelong fans are tired of losing these p5 games.
    The Sun Belt is not the worst conference. Have you been paying attention? Almost all rankings have us above the CUSA and MAC...and not too terribly far behind MWC and AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

No he won’t help. But I do envy you for getting to spend the next couple weeks believing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Iíll just say it....thatís a bull**** call. Or a bull**** rule. Whatever you want to call it. That dude affected NOTHING.

I would feel the same way if it was a D3 game with 2 teams I donít care about. I want to see games decided on the field. Not because a ref ran into an arm 4 yards out of bounds.
    +1000, a real pitiful call.