TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: After the game thoughts

1. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    I woke up in a cold sweat last night. We need some discipline on this team.
    Thats the bottom line.

If we don’t find some serious focus/discipline, we ain’t gonna win 5 games.

Even with Werts and Kennedy back, we are gonna have issues. Waaaay too many penalties.

Something bad happened in the offseason. Some difficult questions need to be answered. WTF did we do different?

Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    A LOT of things could have made a LOT of differences, but I want to see some coaches accept full responsibility for this one.

Not being able to count players on the field TWICE is absolutely unacceptable! That's no even pop-warner stuff right there!

Getting a sideline infraction ? What???

And then handing Minn that full final drive? YGTBSM!

I want to hear CL sack up in this coach's show and take some damned responsibility. He did so in our weak games last season-for stuff that wasn't really even bad coaching, but now we have some real coaching issues, and I want to hear how he is fixing that stuff.

Luck had practically nothing to do with this game. This was piss-poor coaching throughout the second half. I want some guys getting paid the big bucks to stand up and take some responsibility. That was our second P5 win-and it was flat given away by stupid stuff.
    When after a loss has Lunsford ever not accepted responsibility. Then people like you Grill him for saying he didn’t do enough. Jcountry, you’re one of a kind.

3. Default Re: After the game thoughts

I was at the Quicklane Bowl and watched how Minnesota walked up and down the field against Tech. I hate we lost because our rivals have won some over P5 teams but don’t over analyze the loss. Yes we do have things to work on but I think we have a great run ahead of us.

4. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    When after a loss has Lunsford ever not accepted responsibility. Then people like you Grill him for saying he didn’t do enough. Jcountry, you’re one of a kind.
    Did you see the last coach’s show?

Did you see how he dismissed all those penalties and sloppiness as something minor that we would “fix?” As if those things were minor annoyances or tiny issues??

Did any of that actually get fixed?

Sure, Maine wasn’t a loss, but it looked like one. We played like crap, fumbled all over the place and were penalized up and down the field.

I really don’t think he recognized that was an awful game. He definitely didn’t fix any of those problems. I don’t think anyone took responsibility for those issues. That game was awful. I haven’t seen anything comparable in Paulson since Sav State.

And the miscount penalties against Minn? What the actual ****? Twice??

Still issues with our snaps? Is that not fixable??

Who's gonna be responsible for all that??

Definitely not a “woulda been great if it worked out” situation. I don’t think CL recognizes we have some very serious issues.

I still like CL and this staff, but this is where the rubber meets the road. “Responsibility” is about really recognizing issues and accepting no excuses for them.

Maybe i shouldn't have specified “responsibility for losses.” Maine damned near was a loss. It sure felt like one.

Thats the bottom line.

If we don’t find some serious focus/discipline, we ain’t gonna win 5 games.

Even with Werts and Kennedy back, we are gonna have issues. Waaaay too many penalties.

Something bad happened in the offseason. Some difficult questions need to be answered. WTF did we do different?
    We were not a 10 win team last year, at best an 8-5 team. The turnover ratio was insane and we knew wasn't going to be matched again. Since beating app state last year we have not looked sharp, especially on offense. Last night was a fun game to watch and it's sad we lost how we did but we were not the better team, Minnesota tried all they could to give that game to us. Yet again I sit here on a sunday hating our offense.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gsusae View Post
    I was at the Quicklane Bowl and watched how Minnesota walked up and down the field against Tech. I hate we lost because our rivals have won some over P5 teams but don’t over analyze the loss. Yes we do have things to work on but I think we have a great run ahead of us.
    While I agree with you that we can have a great run ahead and win the sunbelt, it's still us winning the shi$iest conference. Yes we will take it bc that is the conference we are in right now but we as lifelong fans are tired of losing these p5 games.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

7. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    We were not a 10 win team last year, at best an 8-5 team. The turnover ratio was insane and we knew wasn't going to be matched again. Since beating app state last year we have not looked sharp, especially on offense. Last night was a fun game to watch and it's sad we lost how we did but we were not the better team, Minnesota tried all they could to give that game to us. Yet again I sit here on a sunday hating our offense.
    It’s crazy.

That bald spray-tanned idiot up north did everything he could to hand us that game....

And somehow it didn’t work out.

Werts and Kennedy should help our offense. But you are right. We have seen a very consistent level off in offense all the way since App.

Hopefully, it’s just a plateau we will bust through next game. It needs to be.

It’s crazy.

That bald spray-tanned idiot up north did everything he could to hand us that game....

And somehow it didn’t work out.

Werts and Kennedy should help our offense. But you are right. We have seen a very consistent level off in offense all the way since App.

Hopefully, it’s just a plateau we will bust through next game. It needs to be.
    Yep exactly. Shai and Kennedy will definitely help. That 4th and 1 call on the 30 by fleck w as one of the dumbest calls I have seen in a long time. He had a nice lead, 2 or 3 minutes to go in the half, he gets the ball the start the 2nd half and our offense wasn't exactly marching up and down the field at will. Punt the ball and no way we drive 80 yards, but he only made us go 30 lol. Game should have never been as close as it was.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

9. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Our offense scored 18 points yesterday. Without the scoop and score and the blocked field goal return, yesterday’s score looks a lot uglier.

We’ve scored 44 points on offense through 3 games. That’s not going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post

Yep, we aren't that good and we weren't last year. The insane turnover ratio masked it. We got blown out by Troy at home and needed a miracle to beat EMU. And now that the ball isn't bouncing our way we can barely beat a FCS team and refuse a P5 win that was all but given to us.

I'm sure Werts and WK3 being out are some of it on offense but, IM not popular O, a lot of our players aren't of the caliber that we came into FBS with despite all the star rankings. We might have a higher average and better depth, but I want to see some gamers making plays. Explosive scoring plays on offense aren't happening enough or at all, RBs aren't making guys miss or breaking any tackles. Defense doesn't seem to have the speed or open field tackling of guys like Ironhead, EJ, JJ, Williams, Eubanks etc. Maybe 33 and 36 will bring some of that back.