TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Old conference mates......

Default Re: Old conference mates......

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    No you’re right in that they did run it, I just know they switched bc the weight restrictions were killing the linemen, and as we all know you have to have a strong O line to have any success in the option.

Also, you watching the CG play the MM shows your true devotion to football...and also makes me question your sanity .
    The fight for the Secretaries Cup was lit.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    And the questions regarding your sanity continue . . . (smile)

I suppose it's not as crazy as Pike watching all that Ferris State film.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I watched Furman play against NC State (?) two years ago in what I think was Clay Hendrix' first season, and their offense was bouncing between shotgun and flex pretty fluidly and able to move the ball as good as could be expected. The playbook may not have been deep but it was diverse and they were able to execute without too many miscues.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yeah, me and Google know a good bit between the two of us.

I watched Furman his first season. They were bouncing between the flex and the I quite a bit.

I don’t know whether they’ve built on that and become more multiple as he’s gotten further into his tenure there.
    Apparently his first OC left after one year and took over as HC at . . . Lenoir-Rhyne!
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

5. Default Re: Old conference mates......

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I watched Furman play against NC State (?) two years ago in what I think was Clay Hendrix' first season, and their offense was bouncing between shotgun and flex pretty fluidly and able to move the ball as good as could be expected. The playbook may not have been deep but it was diverse and they were able to execute without too many miscues.
    Agreed, I saw that. IMO the playbook doesn’t need to be that deep to be successful. That’s why I just don’t understand our lack of pre-snap motion, shifts, etc. It’s so easy to give the same exact play different pre-snap looks and keep the defense guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I’ll take “phrases that have never been uttered before” for 600 Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Apparently his first OC left after one year and took over as HC at . . . Lenoir-Rhyne!
    Lenoir-Rhyne is the new Georgia Southern.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

8. Default Re: Old conference mates......

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Fritz I don't care for really. Monken I respect and wish him success. He wasnt just chasing money or even a higher profile job, he was chasing the opportunity to serve his country the best way he could because of his family's ties to the military. I can't be mad at him for that. I do wish he had seen us through the transition and kept us on a path with the Flex, but apparently that wasn't in the cards due to other factors.
    No doubt that is what Monken would want Eagle Nation to believe, but I find it very difficult to believe he would have went to Army for the same paycheck he got at GS or that he wouldn’t leave Army for Nebraska (for example) for more money.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No doubt that is what Monken would want Eagle Nation to believe, I could be wrong but I find it very difficult to believe he would have went to Army for the same paycheck he got at GS or that he wouldn’t leave Army for Nebraska (for example) for more money.
    Exactly. Or difficult to believe he would not leave army to get the same raise to go to GS. It sounded good though. Kinda like “I plan to be at Ole Miss a long time” or “I am the coach of the Miami Dolphins. I have not spoken to anyone at Alabama.” Lol
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

10. Default Re: Old conference mates......

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Exactly. Or difficult to believe he would not leave army to get the same raise to go to GS. It sounded good though. Kinda like “I plan to be at Ole Miss a long time” or “I am the coach of the Miami Dolphins. I have not spoken to anyone at Alabama.” Lol
    Those quotes are priceless.

You wouldn’t think a walking piece of dog **** could hold a press conference and be more obnoxious every single time, but he does. With a nice coke bottle right on the podium.