TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Programs?

Default No Programs?

Whatze up with that. Was anyone else annoyed?
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

2. Default Re: No Programs?

Oh yes

3. Default Re: No Programs?

I don’t understand the lack of programs.

They were high quality and very useful.

Seemed to be chock full of sponsors. I would think those sponsors covered production costs.

Default Re: No Programs?

I had this conversation with someone in this business a year or two ago. You need to ask someone in the know that can quote the exact numbers because I cannot remember the exact figures. The fact in a nutshell is that in the beginning they would print and sell thousands. Over time no one wanted them. Now, you can’t give them away. They literally threw most of them away. If you want to compare it to something, compare it to the newspaper.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Whatze up with that. Was anyone else annoyed?
    An announcement was made earlier they are no longer giving them away. Instead there is a season long "program" with the same info. I think it's just a PDF file available for viewing/download.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: No Programs?

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    I had this conversation with someone in this business a year or two ago. You need to ask someone in the know that can quote the exact numbers because I cannot remember the exact figures. The fact in a nutshell is that in the beginning they would print and sell thousands. Over time no one wanted them. Now, you can’t give them away. They literally threw most of them away. If you want to compare it to something, compare it to the newspaper.
    In the past I’ve had people ask me where I got mine. Hard to believe they’re not selling them anymore.

7. Default Re: No Programs?

At the least, print the rosters and make them available. Not providing the line up is mistake. And putting it on Twitter??? Just another example of millennials make the decisions. They just have not been around long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    At the least, print the rosters and make them available. Not providing the line up is mistake. And putting it on Twitter??? Just another example of millennials make the decisions. They just have not been around long enough.
    It was not millennials. It was people that get paid to not lose money for a living.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    TK is a millennial? The cost of printing those would be more than the people that want them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    It was not millennials. It was people that get paid to not lose money for a living.
    Yes. Same reason they don't print media guides any more.