TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Jakob Cooper is back on the depth chart so hopefully there wonít be any high snaps
    no, just low ones and a major holding penalty

2. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    You didn't??
    I appreciate your hard work putting my quotes together. You will see over time that you will be in complete agreement with me . Letís watch a few games together!

3. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

I appreciate your hard work putting my quotes together. Your time looks well spent. You will see over time that you will be in complete agreement with me . Letís watch a few games together!

4. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

We like good students. We like good football players. We would like to beat Minnesota.
    2 out of 3 isnít bad. We will bounce back in conference. Chad almost got to elbow his chair today. Letís make sure itís close by next game. We will get that chair.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu57 View Post
    I do not usually predict scores. 100 - 99 or 2 - 0 --- I do not care. Just find a way to win.

See my logic on the score prediction below:

South Dakota State (1-1) and San Diego State (0-2) are not exactly top tier. Based upon their games with Minnesota:

Minnesota is averaging 94.5 rushing yards/game on an average of 34.5 rushing attempts/game ... 2.74 YPC
    Minnesota is averaging 232 passing yards/game.
    Minnesota is giving up 3 sacks/game.
    Minnesota is averaging 2.5 turnovers/game.
    Minnesota is scoring 33 points/game.
    * Minnesota beat San Diego State in OT. They scored 10 points in OT. In regulation, they are averaging 28 points/game.

Minnesota is giving up 160 yards/game rushing on an average of 44 rushing attempts/game ... 3.64 YPC
    Minnesota is giving up 213.5 passing yards/game.
    Minnesota is giving up 28 points/game.

Our defense will surrender no more than 20 points with 5 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, and 2 interceptions. Their QB will complete ~ 65% of his passes and they will rush for less than 100 yards on a 2.5 YPC average. We have performed well against the rush, but not very well against the pass. Minnesota has a huge OL, but mobility is not great. Heck, they have very narrow splits (out of necessity). Our ILB's will have a huge game.

Offense is where I struggle. If we play like last week, we will lose the game. I am taking an optimist approach. If we clean up our fumbles (7 last week ... largely from bad snaps) and improve in the red zone, I feel good about our scoring. We will average 5.0 YPC and will complete 2 long passes (20+ Yards). I predict 34 points. This game will be a huge win for our young men and Eagle Nation.

Let's see how insane I am.

Minnesota - 20
    Good Guys - 34

gsu57
    Predictions:

5 Sacks ... Yes, we had 5 sacks. We also had 11 TFL's (and this is huge)
    2 Interceptions + 1 Fumble Recovery ... We had 1 Interception (and more left on the field) + 2 Fumble Recoveries
    Minnesota would rush for less than 100 yards ... Minnesota had 93 Yards Rushing
    Minnesota would average less than 2.5 YPC ... Minnesota rushed for 1.9 YPC

GS will rush for 5.0 YPC ... We rushed for 3.7 YPC
    GS will have 2 passes > 20 Yards ... 1 Pass for 39 Yards and 1 pass for 16 Yards

Where did we lose:

--- 2 Lost Fumbles
    --- 10 Penalties for 64 Yards (includes 2 penalties giving Minnesota a First Down)
    --- Minnesota was 7/14 (50% on 3rd down conversions)
    --- GS was 2/9 on 3rd Downs (22%)

To improve ...
    Offense must improve 3rd down conversions and 3.7 YPC rushing is not gonna win games.
    Defense must improve the 3rd down conversion rate, tackling in space, and stop the quick passing game of our opponents. DL and ILB's played a solid game.

We had our chances, but failed to execute ... Gotta get this cleaned up before we play LaLa as they look darn good!

"To improve ...
    Offense must improve 3rd down conversions and 3.7 YPC rushing is not gonna win games."

I am always harping on offense but if we get another yard or 2 per carry that is more first downs, more time off the clock, and the best defense is keeping the opponents offense off the field. Does the citadel beat tech if they dont have that time of possession....he$/ no! And many folks on here thought the top stat was useless.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsacamano View Post
    We like good students. We like good football players. We would like to beat Minnesota.
    2 out of 3 isn’t bad. We will bounce back in conference. Chad almost got to elbow his chair today. Let’s make sure it’s close by next game. We will get that chair.
    Shouldn’t you be watching whatever FCS or Division II team your kid transferred to?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

8. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    "To improve ...
    Offense must improve 3rd down conversions and 3.7 YPC rushing is not gonna win games."

I am always harping on offense but if we get another yard or 2 per carry that is more first downs, more time off the clock, and the best defense is keeping the opponents offense off the field. Does the citadel beat tech if they dont have that time of possession....he$/ no! And many folks on here thought the top stat was useless.
    Well, to be fair, Minnesota was :13 away from losing to us and they dominated TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    "To improve ...

Check your PM
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

10. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Well, to be fair, Minnesota was :13 away from losing to us and they dominated TOP.
    But they didn’t even after giving up two defensive TD’s plus a failed 4th down attempt giving us a TD just before halftime. If we play them again this Saturday they’d beat us by three TD’s.