TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

1. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

I was not impressed with play calling inside the red zone. Almost seemed silly. Armchair QB talking here. Some of the pitch stuff looked like spacing and depth. King doesn’t look used to handling the option being strung out. Laroche sure looked good accelerating after the pitch. It starts to look like our quick a-back (wing) pitch men of old. Really like to see Kennedy mix back in the fold. I hope he pulls it together. Great player for us.

2. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Kennedy sure is missed.

I would feel a little better if his suspension were only two games.

He's a BIG part of our offense.

Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

I've always seen a little Kevin Ellison in Shai, and while it's early days...I see a little Upshaw in Tomlin

4. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Early Tomlin looks MUCH better than early Shai Werts.

I think Werts is all around the better athlete, but Tomlin looks comfortable at QB as a freshman (much like Kevin Ellison did).

Shai Werts looked like a deer in the headlights and played completely out of control for his first 6-8 starts.

If Tomlin keeps progressing, he will jump into the starting roll perfectly after shai graduates.

Tomlin just needs to work on his touch a little on his throws and pitches.

6. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

JT’s composure, swagger, speed and grit were stellar!! Especially considering he is a freshmen and this was his first start ever!! The most glaring issue that needs to be fixed ASAP is the over-the-head snaps from the center. I lost count after four(?). They all seemed to either kill a drive or worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    If Tomlin keeps progressing, he will jump into the starting roll perfectly after shai graduates.

Tomlin just needs to work on his touch a little on his throws and pitches.
    I actually thought Tomlin had good touch (and said as much to my wife during the game) if you define "touch" as a gentle, easy to catch velocity. The problem was that a half dozen of his passes were a little bit short or a little bit long. You could call it aim, or arc, or distance...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Early Tomlin looks MUCH better than early Shai Werts.

I think Werts is all around the better athlete, but Tomlin looks comfortable at QB as a freshman (much like Kevin Ellison did).

Shai Werts looked like a deer in the headlights and played completely out of control for his first 6-8 starts.
    To be fair, as a freshman Werts coach emphasized the strategy of ‘sit there and look at it’

Let's just say, after last night's game I feel much better about our QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU_89 View Post
    I've always seen a little Kevin Ellison in Shai, and while it's early days...I see a little Upshaw in Tomlin
    Very much agreed