TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now what?

1. Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I didn't see lazy. Coaches were getting guys significant playing time in the secondary and defensive line.
    Running half speed and getting beat on coverage over and over is darn lazy.

2. Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    Running half speed and getting beat on coverage over and over is darn lazy.
    I just didn't see them going half speed. I seen some young corners getting torched because of inexperience. Notice that vildor or brinson was always on the field but there was only a few series where both of them were on the field.

3. Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Helltopay View Post
    Just my opinion but we are missing something more than the starting quarterback. I am a Lunsford supporter all the way but we have a few more things to get worked out before we make it to the meat of the season. All the parts are there, something is just not clicking, and itís not just the offense.
    My thoughts exactly.

Something is very seriously amiss.

Things are a mess on so many levels. What the hell happened??

A couple weeks ago, we were talking about skull dragging Minn. Now we are wondering if we can squeak with 3 or 4 wins.

I have no idea what has changed, but some stuff most definitely has. This is more than just missing a couple players.

4. Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Something is very seriously amiss.

Things are a mess on so many levels. What the hell happened??

A couple weeks ago, we were talking about skull dragging Minn. Now we are wondering if we can squeak with 3 or 4 wins.

I have no idea what has changed, but some stuff most definitely has. This is more than just missing a couple players.
    Who is thinking we win just 3 or 4 games? We are missing Werts, WK3, and Wright on the defensive line. We ran for 395 tonight without a starting qb and dynamic play maker. We were get some young guys playing time in the secondary. Appy struggled against a Charlotte team that Maine could most definitely play with or beat. We will do well in the conference because of our defense and maybe we figure out how to fire off the ball on the offensive line at some point.

Btw, Burrows for LSU threw for 471 yds vs Texas. It's not just our defense. The kid is good and so is LSU.

Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I just think the Minnesota outcome is irrelevant. Iím looking at games 1-3 as the exhibition part of the schedule. Give Shai the extra time, and maybe heís more likely to be 100% vs ULL.

Iím all for re-grouping during the bye week.
    I agree. I say give him the rest this week and then get him going during the bye week so he's ready to go by ULL week. We cannot have our backup starting against the likes of App State and Troy if we can help it.

We are where we hoped to be at this point. I agree the Minn. game is irrelevant, but wins beget wins. Play Wertz if he feel he is ready and continue to work the kinks out of the offense. Get some good reps in MN. I am hoping we will be clicking come conference play.
    We run about six plays, just see if you can stop 'em---- Paul Johnson

Minnesota playing Fresno state now on cbssn

IMO, Werts is more dinged up than what you all think. I expect Tomlin vs Minn. Got to get much better in redzone and O-line still needs more consistency.

Thatís not what I heard. I heard heís banged up and is resting up but no tears etc

10. Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Who is thinking we win just 3 or 4 games? We are missing Werts, WK3, and Wright on the defensive line. We ran for 395 tonight without a starting qb and dynamic play maker. We were get some young guys playing time in the secondary. Appy struggled against a Charlotte team that Maine could most definitely play with or beat. We will do well in the conference because of our defense and maybe we figure out how to fire off the ball on the offensive line at some point.

Btw, Burrows for LSU threw for 471 yds vs Texas. It's not just our defense. The kid is good and so is LSU.
    Dude.

We don't see some very serious improvement (and some kind of reality check with GD play calling,) we will win zero games.

This game was absolutely the sloppiest GS game I have ever personally witnessed. We fumbled on offense, defense, pretty damned sure the cheerleaders fumbled for us. (This was way worse than our last Sav State game in terms of ball control.

Tomlin was good. Playcalling was crap. Snaps were crap. Ball control was crap.

This is a LOT worse than some early season jitters. We sweated out a freaking FCS team! A team which could not touch anyone else in our conference.

Our staff better figure some stuff out. Real quick. This will be an awful season if we bring the same stuff from our first two games anywhere else.

Yes. I'm hitting the panic switch. What I saw tonight was God-awful on most levels. Especially playcalling. How many times do we get inside the 5 to run the exact same play? I mean the exact same dive to the same guy?? (Are we stuck in some kind of Stowers time machine??) YGTBSM.