TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

1. Default Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

This writer is predicting a blowout for Southern tomorrow.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019...betting-spread

Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

This is an awesome photo -

bUt We DoN't RuN tHe tRiPLe

Here is what I posted earlier on the Eagle's Nest -

I listened to the Georgia Southern Extra podcast with Travis Jaudon (Savannah Morning News) and Mike Anthony (Statesboro Herald, also CC Eagle I believe) and I feel a lot better about our chances tomorrow. Jaudon watched parts of the Maine - Sacred Heart game last week and said that they didn't look too impressive in the sense that they would be able to stand toe to toe with GS. He also noted that one of their top LB is out with an achilles injury. Then he did a segment with a reporter from Maine who follows the team and he said they never see a triple option offense, and their defense is a 4-2-5 that likes to bring pressure every down from different areas. On offense, they are very multiple on offense and have a good pass game. The QB is big (6'4, 230ish) but immobile, preferring to stand in the pocket and get rid of the ball quickly.

I think if we can get the ball first and just pick up a few first downs, we will be able to exploit an aggressive defense. Force them to play from behind and be one dimensional, and allow or DL to get after the QB. We just need to limit mistakes and make sure that we are carrying out our assignments with some effort.

3. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I listened to the Georgia Southern Extra podcast with Travis Jaudon (Savannah Morning News) and Mike Anthony (Statesboro Herald, also CC Eagle I believe) and I feel a lot better about our chances tomorrow. Jaudon watched parts of the Maine - Sacred Heart game last week and said that they didn't look too impressive in the sense that they would be able to stand toe to toe with GS. He also noted that one of their top LB is out with an achilles injury. Then he did a segment with a reporter from Maine who follows the team and he said they never see a triple option offense, and their defense is a 4-2-5 that likes to bring pressure every down from different areas. On offense, they are very multiple on offense and have a good pass game. The QB is big (6'4, 230ish) but immobile, preferring to stand in the pocket and get rid of the ball quickly.

I think if we can get the ball first and just pick up a few first downs, we will be able to exploit an aggressive defense. Force them to play from behind and be one dimensional, and allow or DL to get after the QB. We just need to limit mistakes and make sure that we are carrying out our assignments with some effort.
    We'll actually have time for plays to develop this game rather than two lineman being in the backfield by the time Shai is touching the ball, and a defensive game plan that isn't essentially a guess.

Also, I don't think those Maine players are going to be ready for an early September kickoff in Statesboro. It seems to float from high 50's to high 60's this time of year in Orono. It's gonna feel like someone just threw a soggy blanket fresh out of the dryer onto them when they step off the bus.

4. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

Yeah I listened to two podcasts this week and GATAtalk seems to think we’re doomed and we should just pack it all up and try again next year. Georgia Southern Extra seems to think the LSU game really meant nothing and this next game will be a great chance for the Eagles to tighten up and turn the energy around.

bUt We DoN't RuN tHe tRiPLe

Here is what I posted earlier on the Eagle's Nest -

I listened to the Georgia Southern Extra podcast with Travis Jaudon (Savannah Morning News) and Mike Anthony (Statesboro Herald, also CC Eagle I believe)
    I wouldn't trust anything I have to say.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

I'm not really a fan of the captain "C" on the jerseys. That's not really a football thing IMO... Hockey, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    I wouldn't trust anything I have to say.
    Phillies fandom aside, I think most of your analysis is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    I'm not really a fan of the captain "C" on the jerseys. That's not really a football thing IMO... Hockey, yes.
    Agreed.

9. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

I’d like to be in Vegas this week, I’d bet on us at -7.5pts all day.

10. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I’d like to be in Vegas this week, I’d bet on us at -7.5pts all day.
    Up to -9.5 now, and that's all happened since this morning. Wouldn't be shocked to see it get up to -10.5 or -11 before kickoff.