TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 504

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

  1. #461

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    We've got entirely fixable issues, and some issue I was hoping would be improved that probably won't be.

    At the end of the day, we beat a ranked FCS with a RS frosh QB in his first start and our backup center subtracting 40 or 50 yards of offense. Maine had gone something like 15 straight games not allowing a 100-yard rusher, and we had 3.

    We've got three weeks to improve and be ready for UL. It's premature to say the sky is falling.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  2. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He has had one full recruiting cycle and all of those guys are true freshmen.
    True, but IMO it wasn’t an overwhelming signing class.

  3. #463

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    True, but IMO it wasn’t an overwhelming signing class.
    Wait a couple of years before judging.

    honestly, IDGAS what 247 says. 247 really didn't like our 2017 class, but it had Wes Kennedy, Raymond Johnson, Brian Miller, Logan Wright, and Matt Laroche. I'll take classes like that all day long and 247 can keep hating on them.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  4. #464

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    True, but IMO it wasn’t an overwhelming signing class.
    By what criteria? Recruiting service rankings?


    ROTFLMAO.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  5. #465

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    If you want to know what a ticked off football coach looks like go watch the postgame press conference. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting rooms tomorrow night.

  6. #466

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    If you want to know what a ticked off football coach looks like go watch the postgame press conference. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting rooms tomorrow night.
    Was there any mention of "they were whippin' our fannies?"
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We've got entirely fixable issues, and some issue I was hoping would be improved that probably won't be.

    At the end of the day, we beat a ranked FCS with a RS frosh QB in his first start and our backup center subtracting 40 or 50 yards of offense. Maine had gone something like 15 straight games not allowing a 100-yard rusher, and we had 3.

    We've got three weeks to improve and be ready for UL. It's premature to say the sky is falling.
    I hoped to see a lot of yards last week, this week I wanted to see a lot of TD’s. Disappointing first couple of games and from what I am seeing as I watch this ULL game, we have a lot of work to do in a very short period of time.

    I know many are looking forward to the return of Werts and Kennedy but IMO our primary problems today weren’t at the QB and RB positions. That’s what worries me most. We have work to do, I hope we can turn it around and make it happen.

  8. #468

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Was there any mention of "they were whippin' our fannies?"
    He opened with, “A win is suppose to be fun and this one probably wasn’t.”

  9. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We've got entirely fixable issues, and some issue I was hoping would be improved that probably won't be.

    At the end of the day, we beat a ranked FCS with a RS frosh QB in his first start and our backup center subtracting 40 or 50 yards of offense. Maine had gone something like 15 straight games not allowing a 100-yard rusher, and we had 3.

    We've got three weeks to improve and be ready for UL. It's premature to say the sky is falling.
    Please pass me some of that crack. It's been a while since my eyes glazed over and I hallucinated so vividly.

  10. #470

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    Please pass me some of that crack. It's been a while since my eyes glazed over and I hallucinated so vividly.
    Post something substantive or go away.

Similar Threads

  1. Maine Score Prediction Thread
    By eaglemark in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 9th September 2019, 10:41 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd September 2019, 05:58 PM
  3. Maine-GSU Gameday Thread
    By Nietsroob17 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 10:35 PM
  4. Official Maine vs GSU 2011 Playoff Prediction Thread
    By gataeagles7 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 07:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •