TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

What in hell? How many times did we run the dive three and out? Two zillion?
    Actually, zero. Had two 3 and outs and they were not all dive plays.

2. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Werts playing again would help.

Kennedy would help.

But we have so many things to fix. Playcalling is at the top of that list.

What in hell? How many times did we run the dive three and out? Two zillion?

I would like some answers about what the hell Debeese is thinking... Playcalling nearly lost us this game. Another series and it would have.
    Explain to u what u would be calling? Take away the bad snaps and we probably score 45 points running those "dive" plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Explain to u what u would be calling? Take away the bad snaps and we probably score 45 points running those "dive" plays.
    Actually only 1 or 2 of the dive plays were big gains, majority of those yards came on outside runs by Tomlin and pitches to the outside.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Ahhh, the radio guys said Cooper went out for a bit and when he came back in, they didn't put him back at center. Thanks for the correction.
    He came out holding his right snapping hand. Hope it's not too bad. May have gotten it stepped on. Doubt that Dowdell has had many reps at C this fall. Looked like he was rushing the snap to fire off of the line to block. Hopefully Cooper's hand injury is just a sprain and he'll be good for next week.

5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Wasn’t able to watch the game outside of 10-15 minutes on my phone. The parts I did watch we looked pretty bad and the final score didn’t give me much confidence either.

How did we actually look?

6. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Actually, zero. Had two 3 and outs and they were not all dive plays.
    Dude.

Im not sure what kind of revisionist history you are trying to sell, but look at some stats.

We converted 3 of 13 on third downs. It was awful.

7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Dude.

Im not sure what kind of revisionist history you are trying to sell, but look at some stats.

True, but that doesn’t change the fact that his statement was 100% accurate. We had only 2 three and outs and all six of those plays were not dives.

Dude.

Dude - that doesn’t mean we had ten 3 and outs. Go look at the play-by-play. It’s available on espn. We had two 3 and outs.

You do know that first downs can be made on first and second down, right? I mean, that’s basic football knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    He came out holding his right snapping hand. Hope it's not too bad. May have gotten it stepped on. Doubt that Dowdell has had many reps at C this fall. Looked like he was rushing the snap to fire off of the line to block. Hopefully Cooper's hand injury is just a sprain and he'll be good for next week.
    I’m almost certain Cooper came back into the game to play LG at some point in the second half.

I’m not really sure why we moved Dowdell over instead of just going to Backer. Why have a backup C if he’s not the backup C?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    Cooper was the O linemen last year that had the mobility and talent that allowed him to be the kind of O lineman I got used to seeing as Georgia Southern HAWGS when we had really good O units. Seemed when he was at the left guard position we ran well to the left side. When he was at the right guard position we ran well to the right side. We ran pretty good when he came back into the game at the left guard position yesterday, too. I like seeing him at the guard position. Too bad we don't have anybody else that can do the job at center so he could go back to the guard position.

Sure hope his injury won't impact his season going forth.