TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Satterfield and Louisville looking good

Default Re: Satterfield and Louisville looking good

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I’m at the point where as it stands now I would rather run the flex than what we run now.

(I’ll pause while everybody re-reads that to make sure they saw that correctly)

I absolutely love what an offense like ours could look like. And maybe that’s the reason I can’t stand our offense so much. It’s so lazy and simplified. The only reason it’s not straight from 1980 is because it’s all shotgun.
    I'd rather run a multiple flex-based offense (and I've been at that point since about 2011), but I've got no problem with what we do now.

We HAVE to develop some kind of passing attack, though, if we want to improve over 2015 and 2018 results.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

2. Default Re: Satterfield and Louisville looking good

I've never liked Louisville. That L is annoying and I keep equating them with Bobby Petrino.

Bring back the flexbone. Gimme a quarterback with heart and speed and the knack to run the option, two A backs, a B back, turn the tight end into a defensive tackle or something, get some damn fast nimble mean linemen who would cut block their own grandmothers to open a hole and start moving the damn chains.

All this IZ happy assed holistic pistol bobsled option hooey stuff is smoke and mirrors when you're up against a vastly superior foe. The only equalizer is to be so good at what you do they better not make a mistake. The Eagles aren't all that good at it anymore. We've got slow big (well, biggish) linemen, and quarterbacks running around out of shotguns behind a line that can't outmuscle anybody, and quarterbacks with happy feet who look like high school cross country runners, and running backs with nowhere to go by the time they get there.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

3. Default Re: Satterfield and Louisville looking good

So true

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Almost every team had a fullback dive?

Okay your right. From 1985-2005 probably EVERY team had a FB dive in the playbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Okay your right. From 1985-2005 probably EVERY team had a FB dive in the playbook.
    About 10-15 teams in all of D-I had a QB/FB veer play after 1990 or so, though.

Compare that to 90+% of teams that have some form of IZ Read in 2019.

Those two plays are the foundation of the two offenses under discussion.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    About 10-15 teams in all of D-I had a QB/FB veer play after 1990 or so, though.

Compare that to 90+% of teams that have some form of IZ Read in 2019.

Those two plays are the foundation of the two offenses under discussion.

Yeah but how many are running a true read on the IZ more than maybe once or twice a game? I’ll take the under 90% on that one.

You are missing my point though. It’s about the original posters statement that because basically everybody in college football run the IZ we have the same offense as them.

When we ran the flex and motioned the A-Back and ran FB dive when the ball was snapped we were basically in an I-formation 1 TE, 2 WR look. From 1995-2005 how many teams had the I-form, 1 TE, 2 WR FB dive in the playbook? I’d say just about everybody. So under the original posters theory we ran the same offense as everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Yeah but how many are running a true read on the IZ more than maybe once or twice a game? I’ll take the under 90% on that one.

You are missing my point though. It’s about the original posters statement that because basically everybody in college football run the IZ we have the same offense as them.

When we ran the flex and motioned the A-Back and ran FB dive when the ball was snapped we were basically in an I-formation 1 TE, 2 WR look. From 1995-2005 how many teams had the I-form, 1 TE, 2 WR FB dive in the playbook? I’d say just about everybody. So under the original posters theory we ran the same offense as everybody else.
    The original poster has zero credibility left.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

If I am the original poster I am not talking about the Iz at all. I am saying watch all g5 and lower p5 games, their offense is ours and I am taking in terms of what the defense sees. They all see a shotgun option, so when you face those elite defenses they blow up the offensive line and disrupt everything bc they see it, all the time. Yes some teams throw more than us, so have more iz reads blah blah but I am talking about why run those offense that teams see vs the flex if we are not recruiting any different players.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982