TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast

Thread: This site and people on here

Default Re: This site and people on here

Burrow's cockiness reminds me of Cam Newton. Dude is about to get humbled by some DL in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Claydus View Post
    Burrow's cockiness reminds me of Cam Newton.
    What?

3. Default Re: This site and people on here

Burrow's cockiness reminds me of Cam Newton. Dude is about to get humbled by some DL in the NFL.
    Cam only gets cocky when he wears a pimp hat and/or dress.....

(Which is pretty much always.)

4. Default Re: This site and people on here

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    What?
    Not seeing the cockiness either. Burrow is surely not a Cam Newton.
    He reminds me of Andy Dufresne from the Shawshank Redemtion.

5. Default Re: This site and people on here

I see it..Well, some on the sports channels have called it affirmed self assured. Maybe like Johnny Manzel.. There just is a pattern of being a show off on the sidelines among many athletes. Sometimes you can back it up, sometimes not, but only time will tell. We just do not know.... but I do know that acting like you have been there before would be good advice for Burrow. The NFL will ring his bell soon enough.
    Last edited by swgaeagle; 15th January 2020 at 09:51 AM. Reason: miss spelling

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    I see it..Well, some on the sports channels have called it affirmed self assured. Maybe like Johnny Manzel.. There just is a pattern of being a show off on the sidelines among many athletes. Sometimes you can back it up, sometimes not, but only time will tell. We just do not know.... but I do know that acting like you have been there before would be good advice for Burrow. The NFL will ring his bell soon enough.
    I genuinely don't see any of this cockiness in Burrow that some are talking about. I think Burrow is incredibly humble. Always giving praise to his teammates, answers questions directly without adding any attitude to it, and never acknowledges how good 'I am'. I watched him on the Pat Mac show and he seemed a bit shy and just like a down to earth dude. He used his Heisman speech to bring awareness to his hometown in Ohio's poverty situation.

I haven't watched much of him but don't see it, either.
    Now he does have that look like he could play president of Alpha Beta and QB in the next Revenge of the Nerds though.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I genuinely don't see any of this cockiness in Burrow that some are talking about. I think Burrow is incredibly humble. Always giving praise to his teammates, answers questions directly without adding any attitude to it, and never acknowledges how good 'I am'. I watched him on the Pat Mac show and he seemed a bit shy and just like a down to earth dude. He used his Heisman speech to bring awareness to his hometown in Ohio's poverty situation.
    I think it's because he has that Christian Laettner/Macauley Culkin look...people see that look and want to cuff him up abouts the head and shoulders a bit. Dude is just a damn good QB with a pretty calm set of nerves. He will get some comeuppance in the NFL, but I think he'll be fine.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Like Cam Newton did?

I seem to remember Cam setting rookie passing records, winning NFL MVP and leading the Panthers to a Super Bowl...so Burrow may be OK.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 15th January 2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    also a great example on how you can't just have good coaching either. Give this LSU team Tulan's roster and they don't compete.

Well yeah. Thatís why I said there are about 10 teams each year who have a roster capable of winning a national title. And LSU has spent the large part of the past 13 years in that bucket but they didnít have the coaching to get it done. I mean everybody has known their offensive coaching has been a joke but only producing 16 TD passes with basically the exact same roster last year...wow.

Fortunately for me Kirby Smart has picked up the ball and ran with it taking LSUís place (eyeroll)
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.