TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't stop em, couldn't make a first down

1. Default Re: Couldn't stop em, couldn't make a first down

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Some of y’all remind me of pennywise the clown, staying underground for 20 years and popping up in town when we have one bad day...where were y’all last season when we went 10-3? In Athens,GA?
    Staying underground for the entire offseason and popping up to tell people they are horrible for having a different opinion isn't any better.

Default Re: Couldn't stop em, couldn't make a first down

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Staying underground for the entire offseason and popping up to tell people they are horrible for having a different opinion isn't any better.
    I don't have a problem with negativity as long as it's reasonably objective and not just agenda-driven. For some people here it is and they have a history of the same stuff that goes back way before this game.

You can go back to the SCSU game thread (for example) from last year and see a lot of the same people b****ing there. Also go look to see who was complaining when DeBesse is hired.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 2nd September 2019 at 01:32 PM.

3. Default Re: Couldn't stop em, couldn't make a first down

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't have a problem with negativity as long as it's reasonably objective and not just agenda-driven. For some people here it is and they have a history of the same stuff that goes back way before this game.

You can go back to the SCSU game thread (for example) from last year and see a lot of the same people b****ing there. Also go look to see who was complaining when DeBesse is hired.
    Yeah, I definitely don’t disagree with you, but doesn’t their consistency provide at least some merit?

I mean, when they repeat that same old negativity we always have some idiots saying things like “oh great, one bad game and here come the....” No, not true, they’ve been here all along saying the same stuff, and that “one game” is actually just another game adding to their point of view.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not supporting the doom and gloom crowd, but I’m also not supporting the always sunshine and rainbows crowd, either.

4. Default Re: Couldn't stop em, couldn't make a first down

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    IDK.

I think the biggest factor was that the LSU boys were able to waltz right through our line and jump on our QB very consistently.

You don’t have to know any plays if you cover up an option QB before he can take two steps.

I doubt the O Line was doing anything wrong. It’s just the LSU guys brought so many more guys so many times that our O line was just overwhelmed.

LSU seemed to just stack the box and rely on thin pass coverage. Sure would have been nice to see Kennedy available for short threat stuff.
    Kennedy wouldn't have made any difference. None of our backs had time. WK is fast but their 6'3 205lb safety is just as fast as WK3.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Bingo.
    Give it 3-4 wins over the next few weeks and they’ll be quiet again.

Once the bowl game comes that has double the viewers as an FCS champ game, they’ll be gone for the offseason until 2020’s first loss.

[QUOTE=StatesboroBluesman;974656]Some of y’all remind me of pennywise the clown, staying underground for 20 years and popping up in town when we have one bad day...where were y’all last season when we went 10-3? In Athens,GA?[/QUOTE

Last time I was in Athens, we took UGA to overtime and the Eagles showed up ready to play. Lots of great individual and team effort. We've had a lot of heroes over the years, hopefully some will show up this season and lead the team.

7. Default Re: Couldn't stop em, couldn't make a first down

We held LSU to “only” 42 points in the first half. LSU has hung 49 on Oklahoma in the first half.

Hmm...Big 12 invite coming?

Ok. I’m bored.

I knew LSU was special when I saw them live. OU hardly ever plays the the type of teams LSU plays and never week in and week out. There’s no chance OU makes the playoffs with LSU’s schedule. There’s a better chance they’d be .500 or worse. I think the NC will be a blowout. LSU is by far the most battle hardened team in the playoffs because of their schedule.

The LSU game really speaks more to just how much better LSU is than everyone than how bad a team OU fielded.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    The LSU game really speaks more to just how much better LSU is than everyone than how bad a team OU fielded.
    I agree with this. But there are several teams in conference that would have played LSU much closer and those same teams would stomp OU.