TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: Football coaches show.

  1. Default Re: Football coaches show.

    Haven't had a chance to post anything since the game. I watched 5 minutes and monitored the game cast for the rest. Dealing with the delay and knowing we had a 3rd and 29 or something such as that and refreshing and seeing a first down for Minnesota was infuriating. That was the opposite of feeling certain doom and refreshing and seeing that we had the lead on a crazy play right before that. Really awful not being able to watch. I'm proud of the guys for finding a way to be in position to win that game. I don't believe in the excuses for saying the other team gave you opportunities. In business you never buy in to the excuses for being busy or successful. You either put yourself in that position or you don't. The law of averages always catches up. It's amazing how many overpaid coaches make the same "prevent defense" mistakes that ours made. Many many well respected coaches and teams do the same thing over and over and it drives me crazy. What about the 17yd run on third down that the Minny QB made earlier? I hope this game just drives our guys to be better for the rest of the year.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Football coaches show.

    Quote Originally Posted by sunb05 View Post
    Haven't had a chance to post anything since the game. I watched 5 minutes and monitored the game cast for the rest. Dealing with the delay and knowing we had a 3rd and 29 or something such as that and refreshing and seeing a first down for Minnesota was infuriating. That was the opposite of feeling certain doom and refreshing and seeing that we had the lead on a crazy play right before that. Really awful not being able to watch. I'm proud of the guys for finding a way to be in position to win that game. I don't believe in the excuses for saying the other team gave you opportunities. In business you never buy in to the excuses for being busy or successful. You either put yourself in that position or you don't. The law of averages always catches up. It's amazing how many overpaid coaches make the same "prevent defense" mistakes that ours made. Many many well respected coaches and teams do the same thing over and over and it drives me crazy. What about the 17yd run on third down that the Minny QB made earlier? I hope this game just drives our guys to be better for the rest of the year.
    +1, say all we want about this and that, we had them buried deep in their own territory, under 4 minutes no timeouts and we couldn't get the final stop. We should have won the game. In the last 4 minutes they made the plays we didn't. It was like a game within a game. Came down to that one final series and they rose to the occation and we didnt. that final "game within the game" will haunt me for the remainder of my GS fan life.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Football coaches show.


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    46,671

    Default Re: Football coaches show.

    I wonder if Furman and Montana feel that way about us? Or numerous other teams. They had the game won and we stole it.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  5. Default Re: Football coaches show.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I wonder if Furman and Montana feel that way about us? Or numerous other teams. They had the game won and we stole it.
    Im sure they do.

  6. Default Re: Football coaches show.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    I don't know that the Monken reaction is appropriate for yesterday... but I really want us to get to where it would be appropriate (if that makes sense).

    Tough to get pissed about almost upsetting a P5... but knowing we made mistakes should ignite some fire under these coaches to improve every aspect. I feel like we need to be more angry with ourselves and less "dejected" as CCL put it.
    WE ARE SUPPOSE TO WIN THE GAME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVv4TiiynU
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

  7. #37

    Default Re: Football coaches show.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    WE ARE SUPPOSE TO WIN THE GAME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVv4TiiynU
    Telling it like it is. No coddling players but not admitting coaches made some mistakes too. That was a good interview with some substance.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Football coaches show.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Monken definitely doesn't award Participation Trophies.

    I like CL a LOT, but I sometimes am concerned he's too soft.....

    I'd like a transcript of what he said after that Maine game. I hope it was not pleasant. It needed to be unpleasant.

    I'm still trying to figure out how we went from being hardcore on ball control to matching our entire season turnovers in only 3 games.

    Nice doesn't fix that.
    Have you ever been a coach? Just curious.
    "If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have." -Erk Russell
    Kegan Howard
    Class of 2014
    Fort Worth, TX

  9. #39

    Default Re: Football coaches show.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Nope.

    Have you?
    Yes, currently. This invalidates a lot of what you say. This is not a personal attack on you whatsoever. I am just making a point. Until you go through the hardships of coaching, you don't know what it's "supposed" to look like. People from the outside looking in think they have a clue, but they don't know what goes on behind closed doors. This is something we deal with as coaches and we are ok with that. We all have thick skin, but some of the stuff you say would really be better off left unsaid. Let's just support CCL and the current staff. I promise you they are good coaches and most of all have a passion and love for the student-athletes. These coaches work tirelessly to please you, the fan, but often to no avail. I don't regularly post, but I just felt this needed to be said. Have a blessed day.
    "If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have." -Erk Russell
    Kegan Howard
    Class of 2014
    Fort Worth, TX

  10. #40

    Default Re: Football coaches show.

    You know who else didn't wear his emotions on his sleeve and get really angry after disappointing losses? Willie Fritz.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

Similar Threads

  1. When is the coaches show on TV?
    By GSUsoringeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th December 2012, 10:28 PM
  2. coaches show
    By Ilovemyschool in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd December 2010, 02:17 PM
  3. Coaches Show
    By Bleedin Eagle Blue in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd September 2008, 09:57 PM
  4. Where is the Coaches show?
    By 2blu in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th September 2008, 11:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •