TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Thread: Football coaches show.

1. Default Re: Football coaches show.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i might be wrong but I think GSU Erk was all for moving up to FBS and at the time I wasn't. It was his posts and replies to mine that made if more comfortable to me(our move up). Now, I may be wrong. At the time there were a lot of us that weren't for the move. To be honest as each season passes in our FBS journey I'm missing FCS a little more. Just something about playoffs vs what we have to look forward to currently (just my IMO)
    All I know is Paulson is a dead stadium these days. What used to be a wild and crazy place, is now downright boring. Man, it was fun in the old days.

Is kill'em still posting these days?

Default Re: Football coaches show.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyroe View Post
    All I know is Paulson is a dead stadium these days. What used to be a wild and crazy place, is now downright boring. Man, it was fun in the old days.

I’ll take FBS any day. It wasn’t quiet a few years ago when we burst on the FBS scene and, as I recall, it was dreadfully silent in the BVG / Hatcher era. Anybody still remember the crowd at last year’s App game or when we hit the reverse against Ark State last year to win it at the end? My oh my, some folks have short memories!

3. Default Re: Football coaches show.

Dead stadium? Compared to years past, seriously? Haha.. whatever, man.

Back in the day it was, "just get in"(the playoffs), now it's, "just get to six"(bowl eligible).

5. Default Re: Football coaches show.

I think the sound system messes with that somewhat.

People are very loud at certain times, but then the sound system gets cranked up so loud that it frowns out the crowd.

If people can’t hear the yelling, they stop yelling.

The sound system needs to be managed better. Crank it up only a couple times here and there, and I think the crowd would stay loud. Crank it up after every play, and the crowd simply stops yelling.

6. Default Re: Football coaches show.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Iíll take FBS any day. It wasnít quiet a few years ago when we burst on the FBS scene and, as I recall, it was dreadfully silent in the BVG / Hatcher era. Anybody still remember the crowd at last yearís App game or when we hit the reverse against Ark State last year to win it at the end? My oh my, some folks have short memories!
    The App game was insane.

I think the sound guy finally figured out the place was rocking and just stayed off his volume... (or maybe the crowd was actually louder than the sound system. IDK.)

But we gotta have something to cheer for.

We get tired of cheering to hold 3rd when we literally never stop a 3rd down anymore. Itís tough to stay fired up with so many fumbles, bad snaps, and penalties killing drives.

Itís hard to get up for what we have been seeing so far this year.

You boys can rationalize how awesome playcalling really is and how awesome things really are. But we are having big issues. Thereís a good reason Paulson seems dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think the sound system messes with that somewhat.

People are very loud at certain times, but then the sound system gets cranked up so loud that it frowns out the crowd.

If people can’t hear the yelling, they stop yelling.

The sound system needs to be managed better. Crank it up only a couple times here and there, and I think the crowd would stay loud. Crank it up after every play, and the crowd simply stops yelling.

+1000

Did anyone listen to the coaches show and hear what TK had to say regarding selling beer in the stadium?

Essentially, they're looking at it but they have to make sure they are not implementing in a way that will negate the benefit that those that pay premium pricing for club level seats will feel like they are not getting their money's worth. It's being evaluated, and I would bet there will be alcohol sales at Paulson within the next 2 seasons.

THEN we can complain about concession lines.

9. Default Re: Football coaches show.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Did anyone listen to the coaches show and hear what TK had to say regarding selling beer in the stadium?

Essentially, they're looking at it but they have to make sure they are not implementing in a way that will negate the benefit that those that pay premium pricing for club level seats will feel like they are not getting their money's worth. It's being evaluated, and I would bet there will be alcohol sales at Paulson within the next 2 seasons.

THEN we can complain about concession lines.
    Yeah, based on his response, I was left with the impression that it will happen, just a matter of when.

The thing about not wanting to make club donors mad is just an excuse. There are so many more benefits besides alcohol in those sections. Plus, that's unlimited alcohol anyway and not per beer.

The ticket office has done a great job this year promoting club and getting a LOT more sales in there than before.

I also agree we will get stadium wide alcohol sometime by 2022.