TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Football coaches show.

Default Re: Football coaches show.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    One was after we lost to a mediocre FCS team and the other was after we almost upset a P5? Yeah I see it too.
    Granted, not everyone is a hardass like Monken.

But yea I get you.

I'll agree with Monken on one point in particular: "We gotta block and sustain blocks."

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Granted, not everyone is a hardass like Monken.

But yea I get you.

I'll agree with Monken on one point in particular: "We gotta block and sustain blocks."
    I don't know that the Monken reaction is appropriate for yesterday... but I really want us to get to where it would be appropriate (if that makes sense).

Tough to get pissed about almost upsetting a P5... but knowing we made mistakes should ignite some fire under these coaches to improve every aspect. I feel like we need to be more angry with ourselves and less "dejected" as CCL put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    I don't know that the Monken reaction is appropriate for yesterday... but I really want us to get to where it would be appropriate (if that makes sense).

Tough to get pissed about almost upsetting a P5... but knowing we made mistakes should ignite some fire under these coaches to improve every aspect. I feel like we need to be more angry with ourselves and less "dejected" as CCL put it.
    +1

4. Default Re: Football coaches show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post

Exactly!

We are pissed. He should be too!

His staff flat gave away the game

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Exactly!

We are pissed. He should be too!

His staff flat gave away the game
    The inverse is also true.

We had 2 fluke plays that gave us the lead.

Yes, mistakes were made, no doubt. However, other than a bad coverage call on 3rd down, there's no real moment to point to where anyone could be said to "give it away."

Even as mad as Monken was in that postgame, he was talking about specific things that needed to be improved to win that game. And newsflash, the kicking woes that cost us later in that season that also played a part in that game were the coach's fault but he conveniently didn't mention that did he? It's never as simple as one thing.

6. Default Re: Football coaches show.

Haven't had a chance to post anything since the game. I watched 5 minutes and monitored the game cast for the rest. Dealing with the delay and knowing we had a 3rd and 29 or something such as that and refreshing and seeing a first down for Minnesota was infuriating. That was the opposite of feeling certain doom and refreshing and seeing that we had the lead on a crazy play right before that. Really awful not being able to watch. I'm proud of the guys for finding a way to be in position to win that game. I don't believe in the excuses for saying the other team gave you opportunities. In business you never buy in to the excuses for being busy or successful. You either put yourself in that position or you don't. The law of averages always catches up. It's amazing how many overpaid coaches make the same "prevent defense" mistakes that ours made. Many many well respected coaches and teams do the same thing over and over and it drives me crazy. What about the 17yd run on third down that the Minny QB made earlier? I hope this game just drives our guys to be better for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by sunb05 View Post
    Haven't had a chance to post anything since the game. I watched 5 minutes and monitored the game cast for the rest. Dealing with the delay and knowing we had a 3rd and 29 or something such as that and refreshing and seeing a first down for Minnesota was infuriating. That was the opposite of feeling certain doom and refreshing and seeing that we had the lead on a crazy play right before that. Really awful not being able to watch. I'm proud of the guys for finding a way to be in position to win that game. I don't believe in the excuses for saying the other team gave you opportunities. In business you never buy in to the excuses for being busy or successful. You either put yourself in that position or you don't. The law of averages always catches up. It's amazing how many overpaid coaches make the same "prevent defense" mistakes that ours made. Many many well respected coaches and teams do the same thing over and over and it drives me crazy. What about the 17yd run on third down that the Minny QB made earlier? I hope this game just drives our guys to be better for the rest of the year.
    +1, say all we want about this and that, we had them buried deep in their own territory, under 4 minutes no timeouts and we couldn't get the final stop. We should have won the game. In the last 4 minutes they made the plays we didn't. It was like a game within a game. Came down to that one final series and they rose to the occation and we didnt. that final "game within the game" will haunt me for the remainder of my GS fan life.

I wonder if Furman and Montana feel that way about us? Or numerous other teams. They had the game won and we stole it.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

10. Default Re: Football coaches show.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I wonder if Furman and Montana feel that way about us? Or numerous other teams. They had the game won and we stole it.
    Im sure they do.