TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

  1. #1

    Default LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    I think they picked a good game to start!

    $8 to $9 per beer.

    There appears to also be an area with a $5 cover charge where you can enter to buy mixed drinks in the Stadium.

    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...iderail-latest

  2. #2

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    It's interesting to see how many folks on this board are so focused on substance use as a component of attending an event.

  3. #3

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    It's interesting to see how many folks on this board are so focused on substance use as a component of attending an event.
    This just in: Multiple sports fans reportedly planning to enjoy beer at at least one of this weekend’s scheduled college football games. No word yet on how widespread this activity may be. We’ll bring live updates as details emerge.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

    P.S.: Have a nice day!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubtown, GA
    Posts
    2,065

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    It's interesting to see how many folks on this board are so focused on substance use as a component of attending an event.
    As someone who has most definitely abused alcohol and then learned how to drink responsibly - consumption does not equal abuse.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  5. #5

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    I didn't say anything about substance abuse. Just noticing multiple threads here and Belt board discussing the availability of alcohol during the game as an exciting prospect.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Edge of America
    Posts
    3,270

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    We get it, Cliff. You don’t drink alcohol.

  7. #7

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    I certainly respect Cliff’s opinion. Let’s not confuse Get After That Alchohol with Get After Their Arses! GATA. Let’s get it on in the Bayou.

  8. #8

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    This topic keeps popping up here and on social media. Here is our most recent thread https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthre...hlight=alcohol .

    The estimates I have seen regarding revenue is around $200-225k per year, which is less than 1% of our athletic budget. That is hardly a strong reason for selling alcohol to the general public in Paulson, but I do recognize that is $200k more than we collect now. I question whether it would be worth it as it would introduce new issues to handle.

    This is not scientific but look around the stadium at the first game. I venture to guess around 40% or more of our fan base is under the age of 21 at a minimum. How would you control underage drinking when a 21 y/o student buys beers for his underage fraternity brothers? We could not give out circular cardboard academic logos at a game without seeing them turned into impromptu frisbees, so now we are giving alcohol to these same fans? LOL

    I drive back after most games, so I don’t drink before/during/after the games. The last thing I want is to have some overly excited fan spill their beer on me during the game as I do not wish to smell like a brewery the rest of the night. Will Paulson need to have some family friendly sections so those who do not wish to drink or be around those who are drinking can do so? This is already being done in part of the club level (beer garden). How big of a headache will that be to manage? Will allowing alcohol sales drive some current fans away from the game day experience?

    Speaking of the beer garden and other areas where beer is complimentary with that level of donation. Would having alcohol sales to the general public diminish the perceived value of those areas? Would that mean some people who now pay $1200 to buy tickets in the beer garden now choose to pay $300 to sit elsewhere and pay for the beer? How would that impact our donor levels and revenue from those donations?
    What is the increased liability on the program and increased security costs? I can see not just increased stadium security but potentially more issues after the game as well. People who have a chance to sober up during the game now instead will continue to drink during the game.


    The bottom line is a very good and detailed study needs to be made of all of the pros and cons to having alcohol sales in Paulson before anything is done. This includes the cost, the revenue, security, game day experience for everyone, and other areas to ensure we are not shooting ourselves in the proverbial foot just to “keep up with the Joneses”. Just because we can does not mean we should (or should not).

  9. Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    This topic keeps popping up here and on social media. Here is our most recent thread https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthre...hlight=alcohol .

    The estimates I have seen regarding revenue is around $200-225k per year, which is less than 1% of our athletic budget. That is hardly a strong reason for selling alcohol to the general public in Paulson, but I do recognize that is $200k more than we collect now. I question whether it would be worth it as it would introduce new issues to handle.

    This is not scientific but look around the stadium at the first game. I venture to guess around 40% or more of our fan base is under the age of 21 at a minimum. How would you control underage drinking when a 21 y/o student buys beers for his underage fraternity brothers? We could not give out circular cardboard academic logos at a game without seeing them turned into impromptu frisbees, so now we are giving alcohol to these same fans? LOL

    I drive back after most games, so I don’t drink before/during/after the games. The last thing I want is to have some overly excited fan spill their beer on me during the game as I do not wish to smell like a brewery the rest of the night. Will Paulson need to have some family friendly sections so those who do not wish to drink or be around those who are drinking can do so? This is already being done in part of the club level (beer garden). How big of a headache will that be to manage? Will allowing alcohol sales drive some current fans away from the game day experience?

    Speaking of the beer garden and other areas where beer is complimentary with that level of donation. Would having alcohol sales to the general public diminish the perceived value of those areas? Would that mean some people who now pay $1200 to buy tickets in the beer garden now choose to pay $300 to sit elsewhere and pay for the beer? How would that impact our donor levels and revenue from those donations?
    What is the increased liability on the program and increased security costs? I can see not just increased stadium security but potentially more issues after the game as well. People who have a chance to sober up during the game now instead will continue to drink during the game.


    The bottom line is a very good and detailed study needs to be made of all of the pros and cons to having alcohol sales in Paulson before anything is done. This includes the cost, the revenue, security, game day experience for everyone, and other areas to ensure we are not shooting ourselves in the proverbial foot just to “keep up with the Joneses”. Just because we can does not mean we should (or should not).
    Simple solution. Only sell beer on the press box side of the stadium. Make beer sales one beer per customer per time to limit beers being passed to persons under 21. Have security monitor people walking from the press box side to the student side and check IDs of anyone carrying beer to further avoid beer from entering the student section. Those wishing to sit in a family friendlier area can simply purchase their season tickets on the no-alcohol side of the stadium in the second level. Meanwhile having concessions with beer - or better yet a few breweries setting up windows - on the press-box side will offer a nice incentive to those fans who wish to have a beer during the game to purchase season tickets for that side of the stadium.

  10. #10

    Default Re: LSU to being selling beer stadium wide this Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Simple solution. Only sell beer on the press box side of the stadium. Make beer sales one beer per customer per time to limit beers being passed to persons under 21. Have security monitor people walking from the press box side to the student side and check IDs of anyone carrying beer to further avoid beer from entering the student section. Those wishing to sit in a family friendlier area can simply purchase their season tickets on the no-alcohol side of the stadium in the second level. Meanwhile having concessions with beer - or better yet a few breweries setting up windows - on the press-box side will offer a nice incentive to those fans who wish to have a beer during the game to purchase season tickets for that side of the stadium.
    Nothing is that simple, but I get your point. I sit on the press box side so I do not have the sun blasting into my face (been there done that) and enjoy the shade from the press box. If I were faced with being uncomfortable or staying home then I would probably choose staying home (where ironically I can drink since I am not driving). I am sure others would face that dilemma as well, which is why I said a detailed study is needed. If the pros of alcohol sales outweigh the cons then they should probably do it. If they can find ways to address the cons and try to strike a balance then that may be ideal, but you need to know the concerns of the fan base and donors to make an informed decision.

    Edit: actually put the alcohol sales in the brightest/hottest area to help drive up sales! LOL

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th October 2018, 08:19 AM
  2. Selling 4 beer garden tix for Troy
    By EagleTrump in forum The Eagle Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3rd December 2016, 08:30 AM
  3. Selling 3 Beer Garden tix for App St
    By Chris Eagle in forum The Eagle Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd October 2016, 11:35 PM
  4. Beer Garden Ticket Availabke for Saturday
    By Geecheeriverambler in forum The Eagle Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3rd September 2016, 12:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •