TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU Score Prediction Thread

Default Re: LSU Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You know I know that.

You also likely understand the point I'm trying to make here.
    Yes.

But there's no way to make a particularly strong argument one way or the other given the data.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Been jumping back and forth between LSU's subreddit and LSU's SB Nation site. No mention of us yet, but plenty of posts about Texas. Hopefully the players are in the same mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We've been an FBS team while running a non-flex offense. It's apples and oranges.
    I'm not sure I agree it's apples and oranges, but won't get into that right now. We didn't magically get better in 2014 and 2015 because of having an FBS conference patch on our jersies.

I don't think this distinction is going to matter the hardcore flexbone fundies, anyways. They aren't going to say we've got a better roster now than 2014-2016 or 1999 and 2004. If there's one thing you can say in the flex's defense it's that we have played overall much easier P5 competition since 2014, and if that were not the case it'd be an easy call that we compete better with P5 after Monken than in the flex.

In any case, trying to say we compete better with P5s in the flex is at best dubious and at worst wrong.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 26th August 2019 at 09:52 AM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Been jumping back and forth between LSU's subreddit and LSU's SB Nation site. No mention of us yet, but plenty of posts about Texas. Hopefully the players are in the same mindset.

On tiger droppings their score prediction thread consistently has scores of us losing by 30 and 40 points. Seen a couple of shutouts predicted as well as 86-13.....hogwash. They're definitely overlooking us
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

I think if we can come out and temper the initial wave of first game excitement, we can keep it close through the half. LSU pulls away in 2nd half though.

34-13

The head tells me 38-23 LS - POO but its a lot closer than the score indicates. The heart tells me to never count out an upset but i don't have a score for that because i'll take what we can get (obviously). Also, Vildor locks their WR down and Brinson capitalizes on more targets with an INT. Most looking forward to seeing JD King blocking and our RBs in general.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    On tiger droppings their score prediction thread consistently has scores of us losing by 30 and 40 points. Seen a couple of shutouts predicted as well as 86-13.....hogwash. They're definitely overlooking us
    At least the fans are.

Only went to Tiger Droppings once and see no reason in going back. Don't think I've ever been to a forum with that many Richards before, and that includes PT.

The people on Tiger droppings aren’t playing the ones coaching and playing. It doesn’t matter if they are overlooking us.

35-17 LSU