TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams we need get back on the schedule

Default Re: Teams we need get back on the schedule

There is no reason for us to schedule Florida again. There is no way they would not be prepared for that game. We got our win now stay the heck away. If you're asking if I'm scared the answer is yes. I'm afraid the coaches would not want to face that fan base after a loss in that game and would have those players ready to go.

We should schedule somewhat regional teams both P5 and G5 that have similar fan to bigger fan bases than ours. ECU, UCF, USF, Southern Miss, etc. We would travel well and it would be a good environment. For the P5 I wish we could get UNC, South Carolina, Tennessee and of course Georgia Tech on the schedule. It will be many years though because our schedules for the next five years are already pretty full.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I really want us to schedule KSU. They would bring a ton of fans and it would be an awesome atmosphere.
    No way in hell, and for the same reason uga won't play us. There is NO upside to it for us.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

in no particular order

UCF, USF, USM, Army, Marshal, ECU, Wake, UNC, Vandy, UAB, Memphis, ODU, Cincinnati, South Carolina,
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    No way in hell, and for the same reason uga won't play us. There is NO upside to it for us.
    It could bring a nice crowd. To UGA it doesn't matter if they play us because they will sell out playing us or Idaho State. But Kennesaw would bring more fans than most Sun Belt teams would bring. It would be comparable to us playing at Tech. Plus, I presume they'd be cheaper because they're closer.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It could bring a nice crowd. To UGA it doesn't matter if they play us because they will sell out playing us or Idaho State. But Kennesaw would bring more fans than most Sun Belt teams would bring. It would be comparable to us playing at Tech. Plus, I presume they'd be cheaper because they're closer.
    not worth it IMO. We average 18-20K usually, so the most they could bring was 5000 people. I would bet they bring no more than about 1500-2000 though. The bump of a couple extra tickets is not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    There is no reason for us to schedule Florida again. There is no way they would not be prepared for that game. We got our win now stay the heck away. If you're asking if I'm scared the answer is yes. I'm afraid the coaches would not want to face that fan base after a loss in that game and would have those players ready to go.

We should schedule somewhat regional teams both P5 and G5 that have similar fan to bigger fan bases than ours. ECU, UCF, USF, Southern Miss, etc. We would travel well and it would be a good environment. For the P5 I wish we could get UNC, South Carolina, Tennessee and of course Georgia Tech on the schedule. It will be many years though because our schedules for the next five years are already pretty full.
    If UF came to us and ask us to play them again I'd agree under one of two conditions.

1) Home game in Paulson

2) $10 million payout

Otherwise I have no interest. They'd definitely take that game seriously, but if we get some value out of it then I say we should do it.

When App allowed themselves to be convinced into that Michigan in 2014 was beyond dumb. They didn't get nearly enough out of it.

not worth it IMO. We average 18-20K usually, so the most they could bring was 5000 people. I would bet they bring no more than about 1500-2000 though. The bump of a couple extra tickets is not worth the risk.
    What exactly is the risk? That we'd lose? IMO our main consideration with FCS games should be cost and potential for attendance boost....what are they charging us and can they give us an attendance boost. If they were to beat us because we're having a down year it's not like we'll get relegated and they'll get our place in the Sun Belt.

The idea that we should schedule FCS teams in order to get the easiest path to a bowl game possible is something we should and are ready to move past.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    If UF came to us and ask us to play them again I'd agree under one of two conditions.

1) Home game in Paulson

2) $10 million payout

Otherwise I have no interest. They'd definitely take that game seriously, but if we get some value out of it then I say we should do it.

When App allowed themselves to be convinced into that Michigan in 2014 was beyond dumb. They didn't get nearly enough out of it.
    I honestly don't think Florida cares even a little bit about avenging that game. Does anyone here want to play Central Connecticut State again? I don't care if that record is 0-1 for the rest of forever.

I'd take the money game with Florida if they're the best deal we have.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

I honestly don't think Florida cares even a little bit about avenging that game. Does anyone here want to play Central Connecticut State again? I don't care if that record is 0-1 for the rest of forever.

I'd take the money game with Florida if they're the best deal we have.
    Yea I'm not saying they do.

I'm also saying we shouldn't go chase after them for a game either.

I'm good with 2013 being the last time we play.

9. Default Re: Teams we need get back on the schedule

Yeah I agree, I'd like to see more of them and non-major Power 5s.
    That’s what we really should shoot for.

We would have a hell of a shot at most of the ACC right now.

10. Default Re: Teams we need get back on the schedule

I don’t want to schedule KSU until we have better continuity.

We would roll on them clowns 80% of the time, but after some great players graduate or some coaches leave.....

Nah.