TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boone Weekend

1. Default Boone Weekend

So I’m thinking about heading up to Boone for the first time ever for the game. For anyone who has ever been before, any recommendations on things to do or see besides attending the game and also where to stay in general? I plan on making it a weekend getaway and also checking out some hiking trails.

2. Default Re: Boone Weekend

I’d ask Buzz.

I hear he’s planning on taking a big ol’ white flag and surrendering to everyone he sees.

(seems like fun.)

Default Re: Boone Weekend

It's been 10 + years for me and my group but there wasn't much around or to do from what I remember. We would rent a large cabin and had 20 of us and just hangout there. We only went into boone for the game. Pretty hostile place but maybe that has changed a bit. We were there when they tore down the goal posts and rammed our bus and another time some people were throwing bottles at us and we had some kids around as well. My last trip there was when president keel got hurt on the sideline. Enjoy the trip.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

4. Default Re: Boone Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    It's been 10 + years for me and my group but there wasn't much around or to do from what I remember. We would rent a large cabin and had 20 of us and just hangout there. We only went into boone for the game. Pretty hostile place but maybe that has changed a bit. We were there when they tore down the goal posts and rammed our bus and another time some people were throwing bottles at us and we had some kids around as well. My last trip there was when president keel got hurt on the sideline. Enjoy the trip.
    What happened to Keel?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    So I’m thinking about heading up to Boone for the first time ever for the game. For anyone who has ever been before, any recommendations on things to do or see besides attending the game and also where to stay in general? I plan on making it a weekend getaway and also checking out some hiking trails.
    Grandfather Mountain isn't too far.. there's a neat Skybridge up there
    Linville falls may be of interest to you as well. Definitely some trails in the area.

If you have any little ones, Tweetsie Railroad is just outside of town.

Blowing Rock is neat to check out, but there's a fee.

I know a lot of folks enjoy getting cabins

If you want to be in town, the Holiday Inn Boone --University Area is newly renovated and right next door to where the trueblue tailgate will be. Not a bad walk to the stadium, but you could always Uber or there may be a shuttle

Boone is nice, but there’s not much to do. Unless you want to go up and down the mountain, you’re limited to getting drunk in a cabin or eating at perfectly nice, but mediocre chain restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    What happened to Keel?
    Player came flying out of bounds on a play and broke Keel's leg.

Guy can still run a faster 5k than me

8. Default Re: Boone Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Player came flying out of bounds on a play and broke Keel's leg.

Guy can still run a faster 5k than me
    Dang.

Thats no fun

Dang.

Thats no fun
    Nope. Same game Presume went down for what felt like an eternity.
    would've been 2011.

Dang.

Thats no fun
    The trainers for app got there fast and did a great job taking care of keel. We played a lot of cards, ping pong and enjoyed many adult beverages in our cabin in boone.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982