TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Georgia fills slots on football schedules but no Georgia Southern

Default Re: Georgia fills slots on football schedules but no Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Doesn't matter on the business end. UGA sells out every game no matter the opponent.
    Now as to actual attendance....*gasp* https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...s/Georgia.aspx
    Their G day spring game pretty much counts as a 13th game as far as local revenue....and if you read the article actually outdraws their highest attended game.
    Are those numbers available for all schools?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

That likely would just take a FOIA request to get actual. Not sure with the changes from the Dome to MBS but the Dome aka Georgia World Congress Center website used to list quarterly a newsletter with actual attendance. Gag State's was really really ugly, going off memory like 5K a game. Not sure if the MBS still does that.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Are those numbers available for all schools?
    I'm sure it exists somewhere AT each school but don't think it exists all in one place.....you'd probably have a better chance of finding naked pictures of my mother on their computer system though but it is there. The NCAA report for 2018 only shows what the schools report and a big chunk do not report actual and attendance was still down to the lowest point in years. The WSJ requested the real numbers a couple years ago from 100 schools. You might be able to find it somewhere but here's a taste....
    https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2...ing-ua-and-asu

I'm sure it exists somewhere AT each school but don't think it exists all in one place.....you'd probably have a better chance of finding naked pictures of my mother on their computer system though but it is there. The NCAA report for 2018 only shows what the schools report and a big chunk do not report actual and attendance was still down to the lowest point in years. The WSJ requested the real numbers a couple years ago from 100 schools. You might be able to find it somewhere but here's a taste....
    Your first sentence is worded ambiguously enough that I had to reread and was cracking up.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

It was a piece in the Wall street Journal last year.

It showed Georgia Southern in the top 5 highest in FBS in terms of percentage of scanned attendance compared to reported attendance.

I don't trust the numbers, though, because they show us having an average home attendance just a couple thousand less than App on a 2-10 season and they also show Georgia State's scanned tickes at about 75% of their reported attendance (bull ****).
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.