TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minnesota Tailgating

Default Re: Minnesota Tailgating

That was by far the most welcoming, cleanest, easiest, and (outside of the conclusion of the game) probably my favorite away game experience. I felt like I spoke to a ton of people at length about the state of Georgia, Georgia Southern, the outdoors, the weather, everything. I hope we get them back on the schedule, preferably as a home/home. Overall, one of the nicest groups of people I've ever met. Stadium looked great, very clean, more character on the inside than LSU's Tiger Stadium. Only one guy was hammered drunk...he kept dropping his $10 beers and eventually ruined his phone...but at least he apologized profusely and was a happy drunk.

The tailgate scene wasn't what I expected, though. I guess I just assumed everyone got down like we do in the South. Most of the local convenience stores seemed to have a very limited beer selection...like the opposite of a Fast N Easy. Maybe it was just me and I hit the wrong ones.

The thing that threw me for the biggest loop was the Canadians that appeared to be Texans until they talked. Dressed like cowboys, but didn't sound like 'em. Also of note, the amount of young ladies with cut off shirts and no bras. That would never happen in Georgia weather lol.

2. Default Re: Minnesota Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    That was by far the most welcoming, cleanest, easiest, and (outside of the conclusion of the game) probably my favorite away game experience. I felt like I spoke to a ton of people at length about the state of Georgia, Georgia Southern, the outdoors, the weather, everything. I hope we get them back on the schedule, preferably as a home/home. Overall, one of the nicest groups of people I've ever met.
    This is what I like to hear. I'm glad you visited, and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience.

Stadium looked great, very clean, more character on the inside than LSU's Tiger Stadium.
    Probably the first time anyone has ever compared these two stadiums. We're proud of our little stadium. It ain't big, but I think it's first-class.

Only one guy was hammered drunk...he kept dropping his $10 beers and eventually ruined his phone...but at least he apologized profusely and was a happy drunk.
    I'm glad, because in my experience nothing ruins a great day of football like having to deal with angry, hostile drunks.

The tailgate scene wasn't what I expected, though. I guess I just assumed everyone got down like we do in the South.
    Fun fact: tailgating was invented in Minnesota. Sad fact: we kinda forgot how to do it right when the Gophers and Vikings both moved into the Metrodome in 1982. That place was in downtown Minneapolis and had virtually no parking, so people had to park in the street and in parking ramps. So large-scale tailgating was virtually nonexistent in Minnesota for many years.

Most of the local convenience stores seemed to have a very limited beer selection...like the opposite of a Fast N Easy. Maybe it was just me and I hit the wrong ones.
    I have no input for you on this because I don't drink and I don't know squat about shopping for beer or booze.

The thing that threw me for the biggest loop was the Canadians that appeared to be Texans until they talked. Dressed like cowboys, but didn't sound like 'em.
    I recently read where someone from the east coast said that Minnesota is like the Texas of the north. I disagree. I think Texas is like hot, dry Minnesota in the South.

Also of note, the amount of young ladies with cut off shirts and no bras. That would never happen in Georgia weather lol.
    You were looking at our females, huh?