TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Debesse and this team...

Default Re: Can Debesse and this team...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Clearly.

I'll entertain someone else as 3rd best as soon as they win the SunBelt.
    As soon as we get to dodge the two best teams in the league, we probably will.

2. Default Re: Can Debesse and this team...

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    Dodge the two best teams? Troy and Appy are in our division. Don't think we will be dodging them.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Dodge the two best teams? Troy and Appy are in our division. Don't think we will be dodging them.
    Eagle02, I think GSF6 meant dodging losses to Appy & Troy. Maybe not.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    He meant Fritz dodging ULL and ArkSt in 2014.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Eagle02120624 - Dodge the two best teams? Troy and Appy are in our division. Don't think we will be dodging them

PETE "He meant Fritz dodging ULL and ArkSt in 2014."

Pete has spoken! ;-)
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.

JC check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    This thread raises the obvious question:

Is a good coach who leaves the program on such a bad way really a good thing?

Fritz did more damage than good. He gutted our program. He never intended to stay anyhow.

We would have been a lot better with a middling coach who let us prepare for his departure than fritz bailing after such a short time.

Hopefully we will not see someone else like him-able to bail after so little work. It’s not entirely his fault, I guess. Whomever wrote that contract was a fool.
    Disagree on the premise of the argument. Whether he planned on being here 2 years or 10 years, we ultimately ended up with a Sunbelt title, a pretty good conference record (up to that point), and a bowl win. Bringing in someone mediocre likely would have eradicated much of that move up success, which in my opinion was and still is essential for setting the tone of GaSoutherns future (see GaState). Also...what are the odds that a middling coach gets a better job after 2 middling coach years? Fritz did leave much to be desired when he left, but ultimately the next hire is what sunk the program. There was enough talent in both 16 and 17 to yield better success than we did. Another question...bringing in a middling coach and achieving “meh” results would have certainly kept him here thru at least 2016...maybe even 2017 and beyond. Would his results negate the terribad results from Summers? Would you rather have the Summers years wiped out but increase the likelihood of losing 4 to 5 games most years?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    Disagree on the premise of the argument. Whether he planned on being here 2 years or 10 years, we ultimately ended up with a Sunbelt title, a pretty good conference record (up to that point), and a bowl win. Bringing in someone mediocre likely would have eradicated much of that move up success, which in my opinion was and still is essential for setting the tone of GaSoutherns future (see GaState). Also...what are the odds that a middling coach gets a better job after 2 middling coach years? Fritz did leave much to be desired when he left, but ultimately the next hire is what sunk the program. There was enough talent in both 16 and 17 to yield better success than we did. Another question...bringing in a middling coach and achieving “meh” results would have certainly kept him here thru at least 2016...maybe even 2017 and beyond. Would his results negate the terribad results from Summers? Would you rather have the Summers years wiped out but increase the likelihood of losing 4 to 5 games most years?
    So much this. If you were to ask ULM fans if they would take 18-7 and a conference title if it meant they would have to go 7-17 the next two years before becoming conference title contenders again they would sign up for it in a heartbeat.

Fritz whiffed on QB recruiting but out of luck the damage that did was limited. Aside form that, it's just plain silly to say he left things in a mess, but not out of the ordinary for flexbone homers and Fritz haters.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Fritz whiffed on QB recruiting but out of luck the damage that did was limited. Aside form that, it's just plain silly to say he left things in a mess, but not out of the ordinary for flexbone homers and Fritz haters.
    We won 18 games in our first two years at the FBS level with Fritz, those that wanted to complain still complained. Most just fell back on their argument that the SBC was no more difficult than the FCS, therefor Fritz wasn’t that great. It only takes a few seconds of logical thinking to realize how that argument collapses on itself.