TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shai is back.

Default Re: Shai is back.

Okay.. let's keep this to Shai's return and not turn this into some witch-hunt.

- Mods

Glad he's back, but what does passing a drug test days later have to do with the charges?

3. Default Re: Shai is back.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    Glad he's back, but what does passing a drug test days later have to do with the charges?
    Nothing since coke doesn’t stay on your system very long. But these charges are a misdemeanor anyways, no different than an underage student getting caught drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    People can argue all they want about how quick drugs can leave your system, but the clean test is another tic mark on Shai’s side of the story and that scoresheet is pretty heavily unbalanced.

Shai: - Says he didn’t have anything.

- No one actually saw him in contact with any substance.

- What little substance that was found was entirely on the outside of the car and appeared to have been touched/cleaned prior to cops seeing and testing it.

- Nothing was found in the car or on Shai

- Passed a drug test.

Cops: Two positive results on a very small amount of substance via a field testing kit that has been proven to be unreliable

I’m all for just moving past this, but if the cops/city want to press the issue, Shai has good cause to sue the department and city for this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    People can argue all they want about how quick drugs can leave your system, but the clean test is another tic mark on Shai’s side of the story and that scoresheet is pretty heavily unbalanced.

Shai: - Says he didn’t have anything.

- No one actually saw him in contact with any substance.

- What little substance that was found was entirely on the outside of the car and appeared to have been touched/cleaned prior to cops seeing and testing it.

- Nothing was found in the car or on Shai

- Passed a drug test.

Cops: Two positive results on a very small amount of substance via a field testing kit that has been proven to be unreliable

I’m all for just moving past this, but if the cops/city want to press the issue, Shai has good cause to sue the department and city for this nonsense.

Again I’m going completely just off possibilities as I only know what’s been released to the public but my guess is Shai’s Lawyer calls the DA and they have a little talk and the DA knows it’s a waste of time at this point to move forward so they work out a “deal” and the possession charge gets dropped.

I mean the reality at this point is even if it was cocaine on the car it’s going to be almost impossible to prove and any half decent lawyer would eat this case alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Excited for the kid and all of EN! He has developed and worked his butt off to get to this point. Hopefully, this distraction will die and he can concentrate on doing what he enjoys and what we enjoy watching.

BTW, I find it ironic in me that 2 years ago I would have said that we have better QBs on the roster anyway so hope he gets it together. This year, I see us barely breaking even without Shai and no chance against LSU/Minn. funny what a difference a year makes. The kid has earned my respect for the fortuity to come back from a tough RS Fr campaign and have the solid year he had last year culminating in the incredible 4th down scramble that led to the FG that won the bowl game. It was stuff that legends are made. He has this year to prove that last was just the beginning.

It was three days between the stop and the drug test. That's borderline if I'm understanding and a person worried about failing it might pass up the test.

Shai probably didn't even need to take the test to get the charges dropped, but chose to do it anyway, and I suspect that was what was going to take to be able to rejoin the team right away. Seems like TEAM-me behavior if that's the case to me.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I didn't see them state what kind of drug test it was. You would assume with the fairly common knowledge of urine testing being about useless for anything but marijuana past a few days that they did a hair follicle test which goes back 90 days.
    https://www.wsav.com/news/georgia-so...ice-with-team/

9. Default Re: Shai is back.

Why would SC waste time with this nonsense. No way they win the drug possession case

Moving forward, Werts’ case will be handled in accordance with the Georgia Southern Student-Athlete Code of Conduct. According to the COC, Werts is still suspended for the opener against LSU as the case plays out. Per policy, Werts will miss the August 31st game if he’s convicted of the misdemeanor or the case is not adjudicated. If the charges are dropped or Werts is cleared, it is up to the athletic director and school staff to determine the disciplinary action.
    It's not clear whether that refers to the cocaine charge or the speeding charge, but our COC inhales vigorously if you have to wait for either acquittal or charges to be dropped in order to possibly not be suspended.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.