TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football after ar

Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

In general you know who doesn't pull over immediately? Someone with something to hide. Has anyone on here never seen Cops or Live PD?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    In general you know who doesn't pull over immediately? Someone with something to hide. Has anyone on here never seen Cops or Live PD?
    Or scared. It happens.

Also he activated emergency flashers and contacted 911 to inform of his intent to pull over, report indicates the officer received this information from dispatch. He was still cut off by multiple officers and brought to a stop.

They were probably a little antsy because at the outset of this whole thing he apparently made a turn after the officer initially performed his turnaround and the officer lost contact with him.

When I was 16 years old, I was traveling home at around 10pm and apparently was going 72 in a 55. Police office flashed his lights at me and looked for my response. He said when I didn't slow down he decided to stop me. To be honest though, when I saw the lights come on and then go off immediately I had no idea what that meant and it scared me. I basically froze. I was just on my home from work that night. Things happen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Sarcasm I hope bc your statement is incorrect. As many have already said on here too, he did the right thing in that situation and drove to a more well lit, populated area. Can’t blame him one bit for doing that and I have known people who have done the same exact thing and had nothing to hide but we’re simply trying to make the safest decision for themselves and the officer.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Sarcasm I hope bc your statement is incorrect. As many have already said on here too, he did the right thing in that situation and drove to a more well lit, populated area. Can’t blame him one bit for doing that and I have known people who have done the same exact thing and had nothing to hide but we’re simply trying to make the safest decision for themselves and the officer.
    Yes he has that right to pull over in a safer place, and that may have totally been the smart thing to do, but you can’t blame the officer for being suspicious, especially with him doing 80.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    That's from a cops perspective and apparently I am the only one on gsufans that has ever watched Cops/Live PD. I didn't say Shai was doing any of that. But like Klak said the right thing to do is call 911 immediately and inform them you are pulling over to a safer place. Those people on the tv shows? Are not calling 911.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Just listened to a podcast talking about Live PD who tested a kid positive for coke twice and ruined the kids reputation.

What live PD did not show was the field test was wrong and it came back from the lab 100% clean.

This sounds really similar.

Give it some time. If it's an over-excited cop that went overboard, that will likely make for a weak case and a good lawyer gets things mostly cleaned up. If that's not the case and there is other evidence of Werts in the wrong, then we have plenty of time to wave bye and panic. Simply don't know enough accurate details at this time.

8. Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

Speeding charges stick, Shai sits out first offensive play against LSU. Move along please, nothing to see here.

Everyone remain calm. Big Frank from WJCL just confirmed that Shai is back in Statesboro and that he has agreed to a drug test, if he comes back clean we have nothing to worry about.

I have been driving for around 50 years and have had maybe 10 speeding tickets and never been arrested and one field test for sobriety plus one breathalyzer test both negative. Shai was arrested for speeding? Probably had a Hemi in that Dodge.