TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What About Maine?

Default Re: What About Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Don’t even joke about that

September 8 is the middle of hurricane season.
    I hope that TK learned his lesson about re-locating an unnecessary game last time.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I hope that TK learned his lesson about re-locating an unnecessary game last time.
    One can hope....

3. Default Re: What About Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I remember thinking that about Gag.

A couple of times.

And yes, I think they are a much worse team than Maine
    Two totally different situations. Do you seriously think CCL isn't going to remind these guys about UNH? Get your heads out the sand. We AREN'T supposed to win the LSU game or the MINNESOTA game. However, we ARE supposed to win the MAINE game. We have a chance to win both of those game but things will have to happen for it to happen.

4. Default Re: What About Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    There is always "a chance". How many P5s have said there's no chance when they play us???
    I agree. They have the same chance of keeping it close as we do beating LSU. Not to mention them MAINE boys don't know anything about the heat and humidity they will face here in September.

5. Default Re: What About Maine?

Pretty sure this was covered when it happened. Do you live here? Traffic was a nightmare, hotels were booked and why not get our team out of harm's way. All that being said, they had to make a decision. You can question it all you want but it was the correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Pretty sure this was covered when it happened. Do you live here? Traffic was a nightmare, hotels were booked and why not get our team out of harm's way. All that being said, they had to make a decision. You can question it all you want but it was the correct decision.
    Nope. Should have canceled it altogether. Scrambling to re-locate was a horrible idea.

GT/UCF made the right call.

There are no fans on the Maine message board because Maine doesn't have an active message board. This is a non-argument.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Nope. Should have canceled it altogether. Scrambling to re-locate was a horrible idea.

IMO this season if we get into a similar situation with Maine and the game can't be played in Paulson it would be canceleld. But in 2017 with a head coach that's fighting for his job and the possibility you cancel the game and end up 5-6 and not bowl eligible (in which we know the TK haters would call for his head on a pike) we decided to move it to a neutral site.

I mean, after Auburn I was pretty sure we were losing to UNH and that the whole season was shot but that wasn't the thought of most of the fan base.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

9. Default Re: What About Maine?

I'm not going to disagree with that but depending hotels, flights and other things involved, it could've been a substantial financial loss to New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I'm not going to disagree with that but depending hotels, flights and other things involved, it could've been a substantial financial loss to New Hampshire.
    Tough.

We were handed a chance to avoid embarrassment and worked our tails off to make sure it happened anyway.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops