TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

1. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    It’s not cheating.

The NCAA showed it’s hand on this one. Just watch, there will be an absolute explosion in the number of hardship requests because “mean stuff.” Or because “coach promised I would start, and now I kind of inhale vigorously.” It’s gonna get out of control. Y’all ain’t seen nothing yet.

Those clowns gave us a slow, hanging softball..... We should have crushed it.

If your opponent fights dirty, just fighter dirtier. There are no moral victories when it comes to this kind of thing.
    Wow!! If you read the initial article, it's even more difficult to get approved to play immediately. Fortunately for us King is still under the prior system. The only reason it's even a big deal this year is due to Fields. Do you truly believe this is what the coaches want? Btw, take the time to read about the UNC case. The Ncaa couldn't do anything dur to the classes being offered to everyone. Before you start throwing those stones, you might want to see what we offer. You can bet our student athletes are directed toward classes that require less studying.

2. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Would be nice to have him for sure. We need the running back depth for sure.
    We actually agree on something!! Hopefully it's decided before camp opens friday

3. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

I know they said they expect an answer soon but does anyone have a more concrete timeline of when it might be announced?

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I haven't looked up Fitzgerald but if he is 99 miles from statesboro and less than that to Mercer in Macon, he is going to be further from OUR Savannah campus.
    But don't we have a "campus" in Dublin?
    Oops I forgot where Fitzgerald is...

5. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

He playing or what?

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    He playing or what?

NSFW Language

7. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Still no news??

(damn, I hate the NCAA.)

8. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Still no news??

(damn, I hate the NCAA.)
    By Roughton's guess, the end of this week.

"In a phone call with the Savannah Morning News on Saturday, July 27, Roughton clarified the case timeline to this point for King, a Fitzgerald native who transferred from Oklahoma State to Statesboro in January. Roughton has worked directly with the NCAA throughout the King case, and he says that a decision regarding the running back transfer should come from the NCAA within the next two weeks."

9. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    By Roughton's guess, the end of this week.

"In a phone call with the Savannah Morning News on Saturday, July 27, Roughton clarified the case timeline to this point for King, a Fitzgerald native who transferred from Oklahoma State to Statesboro in January. Roughton has worked directly with the NCAA throughout the King case, and he says that a decision regarding the running back transfer should come from the NCAA within the next two weeks."
    Has he been practicing?

It’s so unfair that some players get instantly approved, and others don’t know for sure until a week or two before the first game.

If he hasn’t been practicing, I’m not sure how beneficial he would be.

10. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Has he been practicing?

It’s so unfair that some players get instantly approved, and others don’t know for sure until a week or two before the first game.

If he hasn’t been practicing, I’m not sure how beneficial he would be.
    Doesn't say if he is, only that he's allowed too regardless of the decision on the appeal.