TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 42 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

Default SMN Update on JD King

https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/2...ansfer-jd-king

This was posted in the Media Links board, but it's big enough to be on the Flight Line.

In short, King has met 2 of the 3 requirements to be able to play right away and not sit a year. The third requirement is that he be at a school within 100 miles of his home. His home is 114 miles from Georgia Southern.

Come on, NCAA, do the right thing and just clear him.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

If it comes down to the NCAA doing the right thing, we all know how this will go.....

That organization wouldn't know "right thing" if it grew legs, walked over and bit them in the ***.

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/2...ansfer-jd-king

This was posted in the Media Links board, but it's big enough to be on the Flight Line.

In short, King has met 2 of the 3 requirements to be able to play right away and not sit a year. The third requirement is that he be at a school within 100 miles of his home. His home is 114 miles from Georgia Southern.

Come on, NCAA, do the right thing and just clear him.

I wonder how many equivalent college football programs there are within 100 miles of his house? Which one would the NCAA expect him to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    If it comes down to the NCAA doing the right thing, we all know how this will go.....

That organization wouldn't know "right thing" if it grew legs, walked over and bit them in the ***.
    + infinity times 10.

The 'Measure Distance' feature in Google Maps allows you to measure the distance between two points as the crow flies. Between Statesboro and Fitzgerald I get a reading of 99.4 miles.

I wonder if that's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone View Post
    The 'Measure Distance' feature in Google Maps allows you to measure the distance between two points as the crow flies. Between Statesboro and Fitzgerald I get a reading of 99.4 miles.

I wonder if that's relevant.

No because you would need King’s Family member’s address in the Fitzgerald district.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    No because you would need King’s Family member’s address in the Fitzgerald district.
    If splitting hairs over how to define the distance really makes a difference, you might as well just grant the appeal.

Unless the NCAA bylaws have specific language for how to define the distance like "MapQuest driving distance between sick relative's house and the geographic center of the campus", which I doubt.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If splitting hairs over how to define the distance really makes a difference, you might as well just grant the appeal.

Unless the NCAA bylaws have specific language for how to define the distance like "MapQuest driving distance between sick relative's house and the geographic center of the campus", which I doubt.
    May have to measure to the 50 yard line or where he resides in Statesboro.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    What BillyBob said.

1- Do the NCAA rules actually address this issue with such specificity?
    2- Do you have King's relative's address? If so, have you measured that distance?
    3- If the answer to my first question is "yes", what is the end point measurement in the 'Boro? The courthouse? The middle of campus? Paulson Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by hambone View Post
    What BillyBob said.

1- Do the NCAA rules actually address this issue with such specificity?
    2- Do you have King's relative's address? If so, have you measured that distance?
    3- If the answer to my first question is "yes", what is the end point measurement in the 'Boro? The courthouse? The middle of campus? Paulson Stadium?

I don’t have any answers to any of that other than the distance from the center of Fitzgerald to the center of Statesboro is irrelevant.

Well I guess in terms of #2 no I don’t have his address but I’m going to guess the NCAA does and they have measured the distance and came up with 114 miles.. I mean just a wild guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.