TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Cox gets arrested in the spring and then mysteriously gets kicked off later part of the summer. Smart won't talk about it and neither will Cox. Smart only says he transferred after kicking him off. There's more to that story. I'm guessing he got in trouble again or Smart told him he wasn't starting after getting arrested. Either way there is no way possible he should be on the field for Florida this season. If he is, all the transfers need file a lawsuit vs NCAA. They need to be more transparent in how and why they get approved and denied. Sounds like a slam dunk case to me.

The story from the UGA boards is that Cox’s attitude had been terrible and he was running with the 3’s. Then on what ended up being his last day on the UGA team he got in a shouting altercation with either his position coach or Kirby (or both). He was in the portal the next day.

But yes there is zero reason he should be on the field. The thing is he needs a waiver from both the NCAA and the SEC. Even if he got one from the NCAA I would be shocked if the SEC have him one.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    The story from the UGA boards is that Cox’s attitude had been terrible and he was running with the 3’s. Then on what ended up being his last day on the UGA team he got in a shouting altercation with either his position coach or Kirby (or both). He was in the portal the next day.

But yes there is zero reason he should be on the field. The thing is he needs a waiver from both the NCAA and the SEC. Even if he got one from the NCAA I would be shocked if the SEC have him one.
    Right. I agree that it’s unlikely that he would get BOTH approvals...but even if he gets the NCAA approvals, a class action should be waiting. I’m sure the NCAA knows this though and subsequently won’t approve him.

Tom Mars' comments just blew a fuse in the hypocrisy meter after he threw his weight around to get the most frivolous transfer waiver of the off-season.

I wonder if his "Complex Case Unit" is looking at King's waiver request?
    Last edited by BillyBob; 18th August 2019 at 02:32 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Tom Mars' comments just blew a fuse in the hypocrisy meter after he threw his weight around to get the most frivolous transfer waiver of the off-season.

Complex Case = athlete/school has a $500/hr attorney on retainer.

6. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Complex Case = athlete/school has a $500/hr attorney on retainer.
    Gotta pay to play.

7. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

In today's world, neither of his high profile transfers are frivolous. With Fields, put yourself in his shoes when a fellow athlete starts using racial slur about you. Do i think he would've ever beat Fromm out, NO, but I also don't think that's why he transferred. I agree with the Martell case. Meyer retired, so he should've been able to transfer. King should be approved. Will he be approved? Who knows but it's not because the NCAA doesn't want GS to have him or that some other team is objecting to it.

End all, be all, drop dead final answer.
    This Tuesday
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    In today's world, neither of his high profile transfers are frivolous. With Fields, put yourself in his shoes when a fellow athlete starts using racial slur about you. Do i think he would've ever beat Fromm out, NO, but I also don't think that's why he transferred. I agree with the Martell case. Meyer retired, so he should've been able to transfer. King should be approved. Will he be approved? Who knows but it's not because the NCAA doesn't want GS to have him or that some other team is objecting to it.
    Fields is from GA, he has heard "words" or slurs before. He chose to play for a team in the South and in the state he knows. He isn't new to the South and wasn't suddenly shocked and emotionally stressed when 1 guy, probably drunk, yells something (then gets kicked off baseball team) and all of a sudden fearful to be in Athens because it is such a dangerous place for a person of color.
    YET - it's safe enough for his sister to continue to be in?
    B S! Total BS.

So you believe that if Fields were QB1 at UGA, that he transfers anyway because of that incident? Fields getting a chance to start at Ohio State versus riding the bench behind Fromm or From or whatever his name is was THE reason Fields left uga. IDCare what the official "reason" is.

Why does a coach retiring allow you to transfer without setting out? What about when a coach gets hired away? Is that allowed now?
    How many coaches would just take their star players with them? That opens a door to destroying a G5 program. So if a P5 hires our coach away, all of a sudden it's open season on every player we have? Insanity.

IF they go by the rules as they were in place when King applied to transfer - he should be playing against LSU IF we have the correct/current address. The only thing stated to still be in question was the 100 mile rule. If the address we have is correct and we stick to the "radius" definition - we are within the 100 miles and therefore within the rules as they were at the time he left Ok St. Maybe we have the wrong address.

10. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Fields is from GA, he has heard "words" or slurs before. 1 guy probably drunk yells something (then gets kicked off baseball team) and all of a sudden Justin is fearful to be in Athens?
    YET - it's safe enough for his sister to continue to be in?
    B S! Total BS.

So you believe that if Fields were QB1 at UGA, that he transfers anyway because of that incident? Fields getting a chance to start at Ohio State versus riding the bench behind Fromm or From or whatever his name is was THE reason Fields left uga. IDCare what the official "reason" is.

Why does a coach retiring allow you to transfer without setting out? What about when a coach gets hired away? Is that allowed now?
    How many coaches would just take their star players with them? That opens a door to destroying a G5 program. So if a P5 hires our coach away, all of a sudden it's open season on every player we have? Insanity.

IF they go by the rules as they were in place when King applied to transfer - he should be playing against LSU. The only thing stated to still be in question was the 100 mile rule. If the address we have is correct and we stick to the "radius" definition - we are within the 100 miles and therefore within the rules as they were at the time he left Ok St.
    ^^^^^^ He’s right, you know.... ^^^^^