TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Wish List......

1. Default Football Wish List......

OK.

We are getting too close to the season for us to whine and gripe about what games we lost......

Let's start talking about where we want to go!

What do you guys want to see us do in two years, 5 years, and a decade??

Where can the program be if momentum continues? What's the limit??

Let's get fired up about what could happen!!

2. Default Re: Football Wish List......

I'll start....

I want to see us knock off at least 3 P5s within 5 years. We all know it can be done!

Default Re: Football Wish List......

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I'll start....

I want to see us knock off at least 3 P5s within 5 years. We all know it can be done!
    I agree, knocking off 3 in the next 5 years will be great. Would like to see us get ranked in the top 25 in the next 3 years. I believe 2020 will be the year we get ranked and we will beat ole miss. Obviously winning the sunbelt championship each year is the goal but we need to start beating the p5s and stay ranked. We have to continue to recruit speed and create a pipeline at the running back and qb positions like Johnson and monken did.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

4. Default Re: Football Wish List......

In the next 2 years I want,

At least 1 P5 scalp
    At least 1 Conference Title
    At least 1 Bowl Win

Reach goal: Top 25

No more head coaching searches and preferably no coordinator changes until all players on last year's roster are gone.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Football Wish List......

I’d also like to see is build out the stadium. Sell out a whole season or two!!

We get ranked and take out a P5 or two, and I can see us needing that.

(It’s nice to see stuff heading in the right direction again!)

7. Default Re: Football Wish List......

Extend the press box side to the end zones, get rid of the sheet metal press box. I’d love to see both sides connected on the Bishop side, but we’re a long ways from that.

Football wise, 2-3 P5 wins, 2-3 conference championships, 3-4 bowl wins, and hopefully a top 25 spot at least once.

I can def agree with most of what I've read. I think, as a program, I most want to see our fans/alum to start stepping up to the plate and stop pretending we can "do more with less" because we did almost 40 years ago. I want to see our budget more toward the top of the Sunbelt instead of middle to bottom. A man can dream.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    I can def agree with most of what I've read. I think, as a program, I most want to see our fans/alum to start stepping up to the plate and stop pretending we can "do more with less" because we did almost 40 years ago. I want to see our budget more toward the top of the Sunbelt instead of middle to bottom. A man can dream.
    I agree. Although we should cherish the past and respect it, we need to be thinking about the future and what we can do to be the best in everything we do.

10. Default Re: Football Wish List......

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    I agree. Although we should cherish the past and respect it, we need to be thinking about the future and what we can do to be the best in everything we do.
    Definitely.

I think some more outstanding seasons will help in that area.

Ideally, I would like to see us move to some other conference. This one is poorly balanced, and treats us like garbage most of the time. Winning and increasing our fan base will probably open up options in that regard.

Let's also work on some more hone-and-homes. I am excited about the ones we have, and I think we could pull in some more if we get ranked and win some more bowls.

Overall, I am very impressed at all the things we have seen over the last season (kick-*** cannon and fly-over, improved data availability, responsiveness to suggestions about the music and announcements during the games).

It's encouraging to see how far things have come in only one season. I'm excited to see what we can do now!