TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

Default Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

https://gseagles.com/news/2019/7/9/p...announced.aspx

Highlighted changes for 2019:
    • Patrons with parking passes in the donor lots immediately surrounding Paulson Stadium will be scanned for entry and be allowed exit/re-entry if the proper procedures are followed;
    • Two distinct complimentary game day bus routes will now be offered;
    • Parking at the Performing Arts Center (PAC) and Recreation Activities Center (RAC) will require the purchase of a parking pass but also now come with restroom access;
    • ADA parking with shuttle transportation pick-up in the immediate vicinity is available for purchase as a season pass or on a per-game basis in both the PAC and RAC Lots;
    • Traffic flow pre- and post-game continues to be evaluated and modified to best improve patrons' experience.
    • The Ceramic and Sculpture Building parking lot is no longer available for parking due to the construction of the new Engineering and Research Building in that area.

Parking near the book store is still free.

EDIT: I am glad we will charge for parking at the PAC. This is done at other schools for the closest parking. The fact we still have free parking (although at the furthest lot) is something a lot of schools don't offer.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Default Re: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

They'll also be opening up bathroom facilities which I don't think was previously the case so that's nice.

3. Default Re: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

One of the angry comments on facebook said it’s become cheaper to go to a Braves game or an Atlanta United match than a Georgia Southern game and I think that’s an important comment

4. Default Re: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    One of the angry comments on facebook said it’s become cheaper to go to a Braves game or an Atlanta United match than a Georgia Southern game and I think that’s an important comment
    I'm gonna need to see the math on this. Parking at Sun Trust was $20 minimum. You can park for free at the bookstore, ride the shuttle, and get season tickets for as low as $80 ($13 per game).

And besides, comparing to the Braves is pretty unfair considering we have 6 football games compared to 81 baseball games.

None of these changes are bad, and in fact most of them are really nice. RV spots for $475 for the season ($1700 in the Paulson lot btw)? $10/game for parking less than half a mile from the stadium? What's the complaint here?

Well, I'm glad we waited until this season to do this at least.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I'm gonna need to see the math on this. Parking at Sun Trust was $20 minimum. You can park for free at the bookstore, ride the shuttle, and get season tickets for as low as $80 ($13 per game).

And besides, comparing to the Braves is pretty unfair considering we have 6 football games compared to 81 baseball games.

None of these changes are bad, and in fact most of them are really nice. RV spots for $475 for the season ($1700 in the Paulson lot btw)? $10/game for parking less than half a mile from the stadium? What's the complaint here?
    Not to mention it is a College FOOTBALL game (D1 FBS at that) and not baseball or soccer. Also not a professional sport. "In the South, college is King" when it comes to sports, and Football is a "religion". And if your denomination is Georgia Southern, the rest should be irrelevant.

Yeah, I don't see any issues with any of this. I would bet that we still have the lower prices for parking near the stadium than the majority of our conference mates. We say we don't have enough money for nice things, but then a lot still ***** when they try to raise the necessary money.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    They're not wrong, but it's comparing apples to oranges. United plays 17 home games a year, the Braves play 81, Southern plays 6. Currently the cheapest season tickets for Southern are $80 a piece with no donation ($13 a game). The cheapest ticket for the next United weekend match (not including SS or SRO) is $62. Even if you go with the best standard seats at Southern, they're $220 a piece requiring a $600 donation ($137 a game).

So the cheapest option for Southern is incredibly lower than the cheapest for United, and the most expensive option for Southern is just over double for the cheapest for United.

Parking in my driveway is free, $0.00 gas expense, I don't get home at 2 am, and I can watch every other ballgame on TV that day. Also, no sweaty cups in my house with AC.

And before anyone jumps my ***, I fully get it and understand. Just won't make sense for some of to keep trying to attend in person for an entire season. 1 or 2 games sure, but not all. Part of the growing process.
    Last edited by Pike51; 9th July 2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Hey, I don't go either. I send WINGS in my place but still do the Eagle Fund donation. Have to work every other weekend so football season is always going to be a schedule toss up, and gotta hit the lake on the off weekends to justify owning a boat....and so the dogs don't kill me in my sleep.

So obviously I don't know anything about past parking situations but to me it sounds like they're trying to make positive changes.