TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Join in the lsu discussion

Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

LSU was in a 3 point game in the 4th quarter against La Tech last year. If their offense isn't much improved, they will find themselves in a similar situation with us.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Iím all for optimism, but that is not even close to an even comparison. Georgia was playing amidst all sorts of turmoil and that Florida team was terrible.
    Honestly, the best P5 we've played since moving up (that we didn't get blown out by) was 2014 Tech. That was an 11 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Honestly, the best P5 we've played since moving up (that we didn't get blown out by) was 2014 Tech. That was an 11 win team.
    UGA? I know everyone likes to say they weren't good but they did win 10 games that year. Also NC St. won 8 in 2014.

Here's the thing that would take some work, but would be very telling.

What are the average records of each team we've played, in the year before and year after we've played them, compared to the year we played.

On some of these teams like NC State, GT.....you'll likely find that they had a really strong year the year we played but the year before and after not so much.

It seems that's the way our luck runs. Our record against P5 also isn't helped by the fact that a lot of times we've been playing Top 5/10 teams consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Here's the thing that would take some work, but would be very telling.

What are the average records of each team we've played, in the year before and year after we've played them, compared to the year we played.

On some of these teams like NC State, GT.....you'll likely find that they had a really strong year the year we played but the year before and after not so much.

It seems that's the way our luck runs. Our record against P5 also isn't helped by the fact that a lot of times we've been playing Top 5/10 teams consistently.
    Yup. No doubt about that.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I can get behind that more than comparing a pretty deep LSU team to a mediocre Georgia team and an awful Florida team.
    For folks who believe in STARS, both those teams should have destroyed us. And as we watched the team get off the bus at UF, we were a beat up football team and not really ourselves either. Watch McK's long run, he was not at full speed but he and a bunch of strong willed guys willed us through that game. We also somehow survived missing two XPts.UF folks really thought they would beat us and then play lights out to be bowl eligible against Free Shoes/Seaford Univ. thUGA knew they were in a game when 37 decleated and separated the ball and we scooped scored. Don't sell us short, we have a habit of winning one we should lose and losing one and we should have won and scaring the heck out of someone along the way. LSU may get the 1st and 3rd one this year.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    For folks who believe in STARS, both those teams should have destroyed us. And as we watched the team get off the bus at UF, we were a beat up football team and not really ourselves either. Watch McK's long run, he was not at full speed but he and a bunch of strong willed guys willed us through that game. We also somehow survived missing two XPts.UF folks really thought they would beat us and then play lights out to be bowl eligible against Free Shoes/Seaford Univ. thUGA knew they were in a game when 37 decleated and separated the ball and we scooped scored. Don't sell us short, we have a habit of winning one we should lose and losing one and we should have won and scaring the heck out of someone along the way. LSU may get the 1st and 3rd one this year.
    That Georgia team didnít beat a ranked opponent all year. They went almost a month between touchdowns at one point. Florida was on their third string quarterback who they didnít trust to throw downfield. We were beat up, but all our best offensive players other than Swope who had missed pretty much the whole year played in that game.

With our corners it would be ideal if LSU gets greedy and comes out and starts trying to throw the ball around. Unfortunately I assume their plan will be more to run it straight at us and force us to stop them. Thatís where Iím a lot less optimistic we can stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post

I don’t know what Florida fans you are talking to but I didn’t encounter a single one that day that thought they were going to beat FSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I don’t know what Florida fans you are talking to but I didn’t encounter a single one that day that thought they were going to beat FSU.
    They were definitely way more concerned with TRYING to beat FSU the next week cause they thought we were an easy out to get them to bowl eligibility.

10. Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

Las Vegas line opens with us as a 25.5pt underdog. ESPNís FPI 3.3% chance to win. We got work to do!