TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     

View Poll Results: Pick the loss you'd most like to have back

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1988 Furman

    5 5.15%
  • 2001 Furman (playoff game)

    4 4.12%
  • 2002 Western Kentucky

    1 1.03%
  • 2004 New Hampshire

    0 0%
  • 2007 Furman

    1 1.03%
  • 2012 NDSU

    8 8.25%
  • 2014 NC State

    0 0%
  • 2014 Georgia Tech

    4 4.12%
  • 2015 UGA

    69 71.13%
  • Other

    5 5.15%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

  1. Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    What is “have back?” Another chance to play the game (another CHANCE to win), or which loss would we most like to have won? Because, for me, that’s two different answers.

    If it is the latter, no doubt UGA in 2015. No win against an App, NC State, Umass, Furman, Texas State etc., would have meant more to the program than beating the Bulldogs.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    2007 Furman in Paulson. Coming off of the disaster 2006 season( my Freshman year), the 2007 season would have been very mediocre without Jayson Foster at QB, however, we were somehow on the verge of a conference championship ( if I remember correctly) and a playoff bid. No doubt Foster would have done well in the postseason. The energy in Paulson was electric and IMO the final field goal was good. Then watching Furple celebrate on our field was just depressing.

    Fun fact: For GS to win the conference I think Wofford had to lose that same night and we had to beat Furman. Which ever team had to lose( I believe it was Wofford) ended up losing and their game was over by halftime of our game. I thought we should have announced the results over the stadium PA at halftime but we didn’t. I was at the concessions during second half and actually saw Sam Baker, approached him, and spoke my mind about that.
    Last edited by progressiveEAGLE24; 12th July 2019 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Remembered a cool story

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,237

    Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    Quote Originally Posted by progressiveEAGLE24 View Post
    2007 Furman in Paulson. Coming off of the disaster 2006 season( my Freshman year), the 2007 season would have been very mediocre without Jayson Foster at QB, however, we were somehow on the verge of a conference championship ( if I remember correctly) and a playoff bid. No doubt Foster would have done well in the postseason. The energy in Paulson was electric and IMO the final field goal was good. Then watching Furple celebrate on our field was just depressing.

    Fun fact: For GS to win the conference I think Wofford had to lose that same night and we had to beat Furman. Which ever team had to lose( I believe it was Wofford) ended up losing and their game was over by halftime of our game. I thought we should have announced the results over the stadium PA at halftime but we didn’t. I was at the concessions during second half and actually saw Sam Baker, approached him, and spoke my mind about that.
    Half the stadium wouldn't have heard it anyway.


  4. #64

    Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    One I haven't seen mentioned, '12 Citadel (whipped our fannies) - we were ranked #1 iirc, with a FG kicker (or just better game) our playoff seed may have been higher and we don't have to play in Fargo.
    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271

  5. #65

    Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    I’m tired of threads about losses.

    I’m ready for What’s Important Now.

    I’m ready to watch and cheer for our team to go from Good to Great!

  6. Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    He’s DEFINITELY one of the greatest. IMO, there are only “possible” contenders for GOAT.

    I used to think AP was the no-doubt GOAT until Armanti Edwards.
    Ditto.

    I know Armanti Edward's was the best football player I saw play against Georgia Southern.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

  7. Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    I’m tired of threads about losses.

    I’m ready for What’s Important Now.

    I’m ready to watch and cheer for our team to go from Good to Great!
    Ditto That!

  8. #68

    Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    I’m tired of threads about losses.

    I’m ready for What’s Important Now.

    I’m ready to watch and cheer for our team to go from Good to Great!
    There's 2 threads about losses and 48 about wins on the last few pages.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  9. Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    There's 2 threads about losses and 48 about wins on the last few pages.
    How many people posting? Just curious.

    I'd like to have the WEST Georgia loss back, myself.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

  10. #70

    Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

    2005 Texas State

    That loss set the program back 5 years and led to arguably the worst hire (Summers is right up there) in the history of the program. It also gave App State an opening that they ran through and stole a lot of what might have been GS's recruits and ultimately success.

Similar Threads

  1. If GSU football did go back to 10 years ago
    By gataeagles7 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th October 2011, 01:11 PM
  2. Football: All-Time Greatest (B-Back)
    By eagle95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 18th March 2010, 09:57 PM
  3. Football: All-Time Greatest (A-Back)
    By eagle95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 9th March 2010, 05:38 PM
  4. Football is back on track
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 11th February 2010, 12:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •